Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

1995 Millenia S Follow up

Old 08-07-2010, 06:17 PM
Default 1995 Millenia S Follow up

Thank you so much for the info, Kenin. You were right on when you said it was a vacuum leak. I first checked the ohms on the solenoids and found one that was reading 33.8. I would imagine that is weak and ready to go, but it was not my problem.
I also checked all the plastic tees I could find and, lo and behold, I found a line that had come off the tee fitting. I reattached it and have driven the car about 10-15 miles and have gotten no lights at all. I am now gun shy and am waiting for the warning lights to come back on. Maybe I will be lucky and it will stay off. It is so nice to drive the car when it is running good. I will change the solenoid that showed a weak reading to make sure I have no problems in the future.

Thanks again for the help!!

Old 08-07-2010, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by deeosea
Thank you so much for the info, Kenin. You were right on when you said it was a vacuum leak. I first checked the ohms on the solenoids and found one that was reading 33.8. I would imagine that is weak and ready to go, but it was not my problem.
I also checked all the plastic tees I could find and, lo and behold, I found a line that had come off the tee fitting. I reattached it and have driven the car about 10-15 miles and have gotten no lights at all. I am now gun shy and am waiting for the warning lights to come back on. Maybe I will be lucky and it will stay off. It is so nice to drive the car when it is running good. I will change the solenoid that showed a weak reading to make sure I have no problems in the future.

Thanks again for the help!!
if you can afford it, you should get both solenoids. if one fails, the other is close behind. also, if you have the ability, you should change out all the real "tee's". iirc, there are 3 of them. the rest are "Y". to really do the job right, you should also change out the vacuum line. it takes about 21 feet, you can get really good silicon line from anyplace that sells turbochargers. road race engineering is a very good place. you will have to remove the intake, it is not hard, but takes a long time. the hard part is finding tees. a while ago, someone on the other group got a bunch of brass tees, but they are all gone now. ww grainger might be a source. the mazda tee is just too fragile. i had some left over when i removed them from my mitsubishi galant vr4, and they are very robust. because of the work you have to do to get the intake off, you should replace the lines and tees with parts that will last for a long time.