Mazda Miata (MX-5) This compact RWD model, offered with many engines options for those are who want to cruise with the top down in a base model, or hit the track in one of the high performance models, has been a popular model since its introduction.

Water Leak in Trunk

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2018, 01:38 PM
Default Water Leak in Trunk

I have a 2017 Mx-5 RF Club. Seems every time it rains my trunk retains water!!! Anyone else have this problem?? I’ve had it to Nelson Mazda 2 times and they can’t find a leak???!!! Where is it coming from then!!??

Old 11-10-2018, 01:33 PM

Have you tried clearing your drains? They're located behind each seat under the plastic trays. They're small. Leaves and debris rinsed down off the roof easily block the hole, but once you locate them, they're easy to clear. Check out one of those helpful videos out there for a visual. If your drains get clogged, the water has only two places to go: towards the front down the interior wall behind your seat under all that plastic and under your carpet. The other is to the back, into your trunk.

Old 02-16-2021, 01:17 PM
Angry Water Leak in trunk and under seat of MX5RF

Hi

I have had my MX5 RF from new. It is always garaged and never parked under trees but I have water/condensation in the boot and under the drivers seat. I have checked for blockages in the drains but cant seem to establish any. If I pour water down the drains it runs out the bottoms of the car (underneath). Do you know if this issue has been fixed by Mazda in the later models as I would like to buy a new one, however, if this issue has not been fixed I am reluctant. The dealer that I bought it from have been appalling with their after sales service on a number of issues. When I phoned them about this problem asking if it was a known issue, they said bring it in and we will look, but there will be a charge. They immediately told me that is was not covered under the extended warranty. I will not be purchasing my next vehicle from them.