Mazda Miata (MX-5) This compact RWD model, offered with many engines options for those are who want to cruise with the top down in a base model, or hit the track in one of the high performance models, has been a popular model since its introduction.

NB Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2024, 10:13 AM
Default NB Coilovers

Hello all,
I have a 2001 NB Miata, getting it track ready but still street appropriate. Looking at Bilstein coilovers. Many choices out there. I want a solid track coilover, monotube, with dampening adjustment. Any advice to avoid buying twice would be great!
thanks
Mark

Old 01-13-2024, 10:53 AM

I recommend that you first list and consider the other components on your suspension upgrade. You can just install any adjustable dampeners without the supporting other suspension parts? This also include brake and tire choices if you are going to track your Mazda.
Also the state of condition of your complete chassis and suspension?
Anything less is not the best information to get from anyone!

Old 01-13-2024, 11:11 AM

Thanks for the response. The car right now has stock suspension with inexpensive coilovers, Rev9. They are worn out and I am
going to replace with some quality products. This car is a long way from the track. Once I replace the coilovers enabling daily driving I plan on new sway bars, camber adjustability. Also I will be pulling the motor either later this year, or next and rebuilding and upgrading the power train. This is my wife's car and she will be the driver on the track. So for now, coilovers. I am leaning toward Bilstein B16s, but V max has some good options as well. This will be a car you drive to the track.

Old 01-13-2024, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mark01NB
Thanks for the response. The car right now has stock suspension with inexpensive coilovers, Rev9. They are worn out and I am
going to replace with some quality products. This car is a long way from the track. Once I replace the coilovers enabling daily driving I plan on new sway bars, camber adjustability. Also I will be pulling the motor either later this year, or next and rebuilding and upgrading the power train. This is my wife's car and she will be the driver on the track. So for now, coilovers. I am leaning toward Bilstein B16s, but V max has some good options as well. This will be a car you drive to the track.
Hmm .. well you are not exactly doing things the best way. I might suggest doing some research on How-To upgrade a suspension instead of spending money and cause possible drivability's challenges later?

Old 02-05-2024, 12:07 PM

Callisto,
Hope you can advise, I have a 2001 NB and the speedo, tach, odometer and cruise control all quit working. I've replaced the speed sensor and the problem continues. Any idea what I should do next?