Mazda5 This new sport van from Mazda offers the interior size and usefulness of a minivan with the feel and spirit of a sport compact.

Mazda 5 DSC-ABS pump unit fault.

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 05:20 AM
Default Mazda 5 DSC-ABS pump unit fault.

Hello,

A while ago, the DSC light started to illuminate in the control panel.
I was given a read out of fault codes, which gave the following result.
C1288 Pressure transducer, main / primary input power circuit faults.
Since then I goggled this error and found out that it is the ABS pump unit which has failed.
The error occurs often in this type of ABS devices from this manufacturer.
This type of ABS unit is installed on the Mazda 3 and 5 but also on many other brands.
The cause of the defect is pointed out to the fact that the.
The pressure transducer is built into the device instead of outside.
I have received an offer from Mazda to get the unit changed.
unfortunately they are not able to tell me whether it is an improved ABS unit or not.
Alternatively, I have found an ABS unit on eBay from the United Kingdom, which should be improved and there is also a lifetime warranty on it.
Does anyone have experience with this ABSunit from the United Kingdom?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mazda-5-2005-201...y-/230704433300

Is it easy to replace this ABSunit yourself?

Where is the unit physical placed on the car?

Regards
Steen

Old 03-08-2012, 04:11 PM
Default Traction Control Light and ABS Pump unit

I have a similar fault with the traction control light showing. It has been diagnosed with the same internal sensor fault on the ABS Pump as you describe. I too found the information about the company in London offering much cheaper units with an external sensor.

Have you resolved your problem and if so how?

It is only today I have been aware of the diagnosis so I will have to decide what to do in the next few days or so. My car is out of warranty by about 6mths. The dealer says he will try and get Mazda to make a contribution but I am not holding my breath. If the replacement unit is exactly the same then I could be spending £2000 or so every 3 years which is plain silly. The chance of only spending £250-£350 for the modified unit seems much more sensible on the face of it.

Old 03-11-2012, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Rhodri
I have a similar fault with the traction control light showing. It has been diagnosed with the same internal sensor fault on the ABS Pump as you describe. I too found the information about the company in London offering much cheaper units with an external sensor.

Have you resolved your problem and if so how?

It is only today I have been aware of the diagnosis so I will have to decide what to do in the next few days or so. My car is out of warranty by about 6mths. The dealer says he will try and get Mazda to make a contribution but I am not holding my breath. If the replacement unit is exactly the same then I could be spending £2000 or so every 3 years which is plain silly. The chance of only spending £250-£350 for the modified unit seems much more sensible on the face of it.

Hi,

I bought the unit on eBay, and it work perfect.
But it is not easy to replace.
So I recommend that you get a mech. to do the job.

Regards Steen