Mazda Miata (MX-5) This compact RWD model, offered with many engines options for those are who want to cruise with the top down in a base model, or hit the track in one of the high performance models, has been a popular model since its introduction.

I just need the zip off part of top....

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 03:02 AM
Default I just need the zip off part of top....

i need the back window part of a mazda miata top where you can zip it off and have that open but still have the soft top above you. i cant find any place that would sell just that, only places who sell the enire top and thats not at all needed! my friend's back window area/zip off part of his top was cut into.

and please dont slap me i dont know a darned thing about mazdas or their soft tops; i drive a "regular" non convertable ford LOL so please excuse my lack of knowledge!! i am looking for the peice as a gift for my friend for christmas; if i cant find one i guess i'll have to get a whole new top but i'd hate to as his top is fine just the zip off part is crappy as .... again thanks for any info somone can give me so i could possibly buy just that part and not the whole top.

Old 11-23-2005, 07:05 PM
Default RE: I just need the zip off part of top....

The rear window part is still available thru Mazda as a separate part. Did not know the year or color but priced a black rear window for a 95. Sells for $428. Entire top fabric with window is $928. If you post with year and color could come up with a part #. I think you could replace the old plastic rear window with a glass as an option but have not found out for sure yet.
Available thru our sponsor mazdapartsonline for only $342.80 not counting shipping charges.

Old 09-19-2007, 09:12 PM
Default RE: I just need the zip off part of top....

Try Moss Motors at miatamania.com. I bought a replacement rear window panel last year from them for a very reasonable price. However be warned that it must be installed at an upholstery shop or body shop that does sewing on convertible tops. If you shop around you can find a reasonable price on this also. (The new panel comes with both sides of the new zipper and the outer 1/2 must be carefully aligned and sewn to the existing removed top then reinstalled.)
They also have new replacement tops complete for less than the factory window panel would cost you. It would still need to be installed by someone experienced, but no sewing needed. God luck!