Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Didn't take me long to start modding!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 08:58 PM
Default Didn't take me long to start modding!

None of the mods are much but I've been spending money like I've got it. These are all baby mods, won't do anything radical like lowering it or anything like that. So far I've bought bubble mirros, cargo tray, K&N drop in filter, stainless exhaust tip, back bumper steps guardsand a chrome plated rear license plate frame that says "Zoom-Zoom". Again, they're nothing big but my wife is already shaking her head. LOL!
Jim

Old 05-25-2007, 10:19 PM
Default RE: Didn't take me long to start modding!

haha... those are cheapie mods for me...
ive already spent i think, close to $3k on my car on mods alone...
and i plan on spending another 1.5k soon.. on a catback, tint, alarm, CAI, and undercar led neons...

but just beware... the "modding" bug usually bits hard... and a cure is hard to come by...
but at least you end up with a sick car....

Old 05-25-2007, 10:43 PM

if you want to compare mod bug stories, i have a friend that bought an srt-4 neon the first year they were out and he drove it from the dealership to the custom shop where the motor was pulled and new billet pistons and hardcore rods mated to a stroked crank. a .60 trim turbo along with a whole greddy kit was dropped in. then the car went down the street to another shop that dropped it and layed it out on 17's. total miles at that point, 27. then at around 100 miles, he put a carbon fiber hood and trunk on and rebuilt the tranny with a getrag kit off of a similar mitsubishi and a ceramic clutch.

total price was never discussed with me, but he saidit was around $10k before the car had 150 miles on it. i just kept having to tell him that no matter how many mods it had orhow many times he washed it, the title stillsaid dodge neon. it is sold now, though. he got back into american muscle.

Old 05-25-2007, 11:58 PM

I knew what I had are baby mods but damn! My truck has more mods but still nothing to compare to most members of any of the forums I belong to. I should let the wife read this especially about the Neon and she'll leave me alone. LOL!
Jim

Old 05-26-2007, 12:02 PM

ya.. modding can get expensive.. FAST... rims and tires alone can run thousands of dollars...
my 17's (with tires) cost me $1.5k

Old 05-26-2007, 01:08 PM

yeah, after having a friend like him, my wife doesn't feel like i'm going too far at all. the mustang that he traded the srt in for is ridiculous. 670 whp plus a 200 wet shot of NOS. that's getting traded this weekend. he won't tell me what's next.

Old 05-26-2007, 01:57 PM

ORIGINAL: dentinger

ya.. modding can get expensive.. FAST... rims and tires alone can run thousands of dollars...
my 17's (with tires) cost me $1.5k
To spend that kind of money on a my car or truck, I would have to get a divorce first, then I wouldn't be able to afford it anyway. I've never been a big mod person, just some small things to personalize the car or truck.
Jim

Old 05-26-2007, 01:59 PM

ORIGINAL: wsoape281

yeah, after having a friend like him, my wife doesn't feel like i'm going too far at all. the mustang that he traded the srt in for is ridiculous. 670 whp plus a 200 wet shot of NOS. that's getting traded this weekend. he won't tell me what's next.
Damn! 670 hp with a 200 shot. That car must be nasty!
Jim

Old 05-26-2007, 06:40 PM

ORIGINAL: dentinger

haha... those are cheapie mods for me...
ive already spent i think, close to $3k on my car on mods alone...
and i plan on spending another 1.5k soon.. on a catback, tint, alarm, CAI, and undercar led neons...

but just beware... the "modding" bug usually bits hard... and a cure is hard to come by...
but at least you end up with a sick car....
:insertheadshakesmiliehere:

I am so glad I have matured and don't mod my car anymore. Why not add the rota rims, big wing and a stupid decal down the side of it?

BTW. There is no such thing as LED Neons. You can have LED's or neons...but not both. Two totally different technologies.

:insertheadshakesmiliehere:

Old 05-26-2007, 08:25 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: JimsMazda3

None of the mods are much but I've been spending money like I've got it. These are all baby mods, won't do anything radical like lowering it or anything like that. So far I've bought bubble mirros, cargo tray, K&N drop in filter, stainless exhaust tip, back bumper steps guardsand a chrome plated rear license plate frame that says "Zoom-Zoom". Again, they're nothing big but my wife is already shaking her head. LOL!
Jim
Oh Man Jim, do I feel your pain.... My wife doesn't understand the car bug either,
I had to sell a 30 yr old Gibson that I'd owned for over 15 yrs to afford my exhaust. How's that for pain?

Quick Reply: Didn't take me long to start modding!