Mazda Forum Help & Suggestion Center Forum for members experiencing problems with the board or those who have suggestions to make the forum better.

Need Moderators

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 11:55 AM
Banned
Thumbs down Need Moderators

I've reported posts on here that go unanswered.
There are for sale posting rules but obviously admin does not care.
This site is lacking moderators since Tirol left. The only moderators i have seen is icspots who does not get the reports.
The person that gets the reports has done nothing the last few weeks (V...1).
I don't know why or really care, because i am done with this forum.
I have done 173 threads started.
I don't need help with my car, but hope i helped someone else.
I've been on 3 other forums before this one.
This forum isn't as bad as TorontoMazda but admin is extremely poor the last month.
Later.

Last edited by UseYourNoggin; 10-03-2014 at 04:21 PM. Reason: # threads started updated
Old 07-17-2013, 05:26 PM

Fully agreed, but I will not become active as a moderator.

Old 01-13-2014, 06:25 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by UseYourNoggin
1. I've reported posts on here that go unanswered.
2. There are for sale posting rules but obviously *the* admin does not care.
3. This site is lacking moderators since Tirol left.
4. The only moderator I have seen is icspots who does not get the reports. The person that gets the reports has done nothing the last few weeks (V...1)....

1. Yes you have, and most of the time the posts you have reported have needed attention. Sometimes not, so I've left those alone.

2. When I came to this forum in 2007 there were NO for sale rules, the FS section was a mess, and was clearly being abused.
With the then ADMINs reluctant permission, I wrote those FS rules based on rules I had seen on other forums I visited frequently, and have fought with the 'so-called' new members in particular, to help keep it clean.

3. Brian, a.k.a. MazdaTirol was a GREAT addition to our moderator staff, the best I had seen here ever, even over me. He made my job here much easier for a time. By the time I got to a reported post, etc, he had already taken care of it. But I have been unable to contact him at all. I've written him e-mails and left various personal messages. I can only guess that something bad happened to him.
With that said, yes this forum is in dyer need of moderators... two or three at least. Since mid-2007 when I first became a mod here, I have been the only constant, and frankly, I'm getting a little tired of it. I've seen many come and go, many of whom I recommended for the job. Things happen and people do move on.

4. I have to say that I am a bit hurt by your comment that I haven't done anything in a while.
It's true I have been through some very bad and life-changing personal stuff lately, actually starting near the end of 2012, but it did come to a head in July of this past year and out of necessity I was focusing more on that. I am STILL focused on that. Remember, this 'job' doesn't pay, and I have bills and a life apart from Mazda Forum. I do check in from time to time, just not 20 times a day like I used to.
Please remember that I have been to sole stalwart here for 7 years, and I get NO PERKS for the privilege either!! That's a long time for a moderator, and it does get old after a while. I've been trying to hold up this forum, and to help promote it by myself for a long time now. It's nice that I have a free hand in many things that happen here, but by the same token, get little support from those that own this site. I can't or don't have the ability to do everything. My abilities as a moderator are somewhat limited, though less so than another forum I moderate.
Yes, I get the reports, and so should icspots, as well as all the other MIA moderators because on this site you are moderator for life. They never clean out the MIA staff here for some unknown reason, and I don't have that ability? If Remi, a.k.a. icspots is not getting notified, he may have changed his e-mail address and not changed it here, which he has the capability to do.
Actually, I see he was on just this morning, but he too is a busy boy and doesn't always have time for a non-paying job.

Last edited by virgin1; 01-13-2014 at 07:30 AM.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by virgin1
[COLOR="Navy"]

4. I have to say that I am a bit hurt by your comment that I haven't done anything in a while.
It's true I have been through some very bad and life-changing personal stuff lately, actually starting near the end of 2012, but it did come to a head in July of this past year and out of necessity I was focusing more on that. I am STILL focused on that. Remember, this 'job' doesn't pay, and I have bills and a life apart from Mazda Forum. I do check in from time to time, just not 20 times a day like I used to.
You just read this now? (6 months have past)

At the time this post was made you were mia and so was Tirol. No one was moderating at all for a while and no one was addressing for sale issues, and as a result i got in arguments with some of those newbies who were taking advantage of this. As far as i am concerned the posting of new for sale products by newbies should be deleted immediately, with you notifying them in a private message. But spamming is a reality that is not appreciated, and if the forum is reluctant to it then the forum doesn't need me.
You have done more work it the last few months but at the time of my post you were gone totally and this forum went for a s.h.i.t.
It doesn't matter to me anymore as i am posting less and less do to some other participants on this forum, and due to some of the other stupid things others do with minimal info, and you can't help those people. A lot of the questions also on this forum are really guesses due to the lack of information at posting the question and i'm not the only one to notice.

Unfortunately newbies do not provide us with enough info and i'm not even responding to those people anymore. The following info is needed and almost always lacking: mileage, service history, size of engine, modifications done, location (especially when they ask for tire recommendations, overheating, tranny issues).

I try to help people and think outside of the box sometimes, but like i said I am participating less and less and will fade away. I'm actually surprised I am currently still on after reading my first post. I don't need help with my car. I do it to help pass the time away and try to help people and offer my experiences with my car to others. As time passes by, my car is getting older and newer stuff is coming out. You know what I mean in this regard.

I see sponsors on here from time to time. Who gets that money?
If you don't get paid, shut this forum down. Without active moderators this forum should be shut down.

Last edited by UseYourNoggin; 10-08-2015 at 01:52 PM. Reason: 6 months have past
Old 01-13-2014, 09:23 AM
Super Moderator

Yes, I just saw this. As I'd said, MazdaTirol was handling things and I had other problems. I was out for a while during that time and missed a few things. Hey, I lost my paying job of 18 years and needed to find some income. To me, that's much more important than is this place. Losing my job had me pretty depressed for a while as well, so I wasn't being very extroverted then.

As far as the rest, no, I do not benefit at all from sponsor money. I do not own any part of this forum, only run it to the best of my ability and support... and I loved doing it... for a while. (Rather than repeat myself, I'd just refer you to my other post at this point.)
While I was otherwise pre-occupied and while the forum wasn't being watched as closely, if those that do benefit from sponsor money don't take an active interest in keeping this forum up to date and 'clean,' that about says it all. Clearly, they don't care, so why should I, a volunteer of this forum, or anyone for that matter?
As I'd said, I have a fair amount of leeway on this board, but I can't do everything or be watching it 24/7/365.
Newbies will always be newbies. Yes, it gets old asking them to provide further information, just like it gets old for me when I have to constantly warn new FS sellers that we have rules and they must be followed. I know as a newbie I made a lot of those same mistakes. I also sometimes took things too personally. And having been on forums for over 10 yrs now, and as in life, can tell you that not everyone is going to agree with you, or your opinion, or suggestions. That's life.
IB, Internet Brands owns the forum. They get the money. They have a lot of other forums under their name and as far as I know are a part of Cars.com too. I don't think that's changed? In any case, they are a business and are mostly concerned about income. I'm sure they care less about Mazda's than they do about their bottom line.

Old 10-08-2015, 09:53 AM
Banned

Moderators still not following 4 sale rules. I just reported almost 10 threads where this was broken, some from months ago!. How hard is it to monitor this section: PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds - Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

The rules say 10 real posts minimum, not 1!
https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/pri...posting-14548/

As a result I have modified and deleted a few of my threads, example: https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/off...motions-36010/ and will reduce my frequency posting. Your loss, I have currently, 200 Threads Started, 2700 posts since 2011!

Quote from Rules: If you are a new member:

*Post Count: You must have at least 10 "real" posts(1) on the forum before posting a For Sale ad.

(1) A "real" post is defined by; 1) useful information to/for the forum members. 2) an introduction to the the forum members. 3) a valid question about your Mazda. Real posts are NOT defined by: 1) Useless posts. Posts having no redeeming qualities to an automotive forum. 2) Flaming, or flame wars and starting site drama. 3) Smilies or emoticons. 4) SPAM

Last edited by UseYourNoggin; 10-08-2015 at 10:26 AM.
Old 10-08-2015, 02:09 PM

i think the moderator(s) are doing a great job. this is a big group, i am sure it is really difficult to keep track of every post every day. i know i couldnt be one.

Old 10-09-2015, 06:56 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by keninn
i think the moderator(s) are doing a great job. this is a big group, i am sure it is really difficult to keep track of every post every day. i know i couldnt be one.

Thanks Keninn, its good that some people appreciate us.

Old 10-09-2015, 07:40 AM
Banned
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by grim_reaper
Thanks Keninn, its good that some people appreciate us.
There really is no "us" it's Just Grim Reaper who's active most of the time now, every else is basically gone! and those threads I reported are still up, yet you've been on for 1.5 hours. I appreciate the fact that Grim Reaper is a Mazda Mechanic, but his lack of taking action in these for sale issues is lacking.
PS Kennin: this is not a big group. Basically 6 active threads in last 24 hours.
Grim Reaper: it's now 2.5 hours since you've been on and the reported for sale threads are still up. Saw your stupid warning, Do your F'n JOB!
I still remember when someone bashed me personally after I slightly bashed their car. It was a first time poster, and I asked you not to help the person, but you didn't care even though I was a senior poster. You didn't care, you did your own thing, so Karma's a bitch! You do your own thing and let for sale ads slide. I know your busy being a mechanic, but warning me for what was said earlier here is ridiculous, so now you can go and ____ yourself! Delete this post and say your bull**** response like I know you will.
I just updated some of my bigger threads, deleting the info, pretty much done with idiot moderators. Have fun searching!

Last edited by virgin1; 10-10-2015 at 11:10 AM.
Old 10-10-2015, 07:25 AM
Super Moderator

Pull your frigin head in and shut the fu*k up. Stop your whining.
Just because I show up as being online it doesn't mean I'm anywhere near my computer.

Quick Reply: Need Moderators