Mazda CX-90 The new three row SUV from Mazda!

Aftermarket Front and Rear Parking Sensors

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2023, 12:21 PM
Lightbulb Aftermarket Front and Rear Parking Sensors

I got the CX-90 GS-L trim because of the 8-seat option, but it lacks a lot of features compared to the higher trims, especially front and rear parking sensors for such a big car. Does anyone have any ideas on installing aftermarket front and rear parking sensors to the car?

It does have a warning chime when you are reversing out of a parking spot and a car is traveling toward you from your blind spot.

Old 11-28-2023, 07:15 PM

I'm highly doubtful that would work and you would be totally violating / voiding the manufacturers warranty. Any alteration like that would easily be a reason to deny coverage. Not worth the risk of that.

Old 11-29-2023, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by heywardjr54
I'm highly doubtful that would work and you would be totally violating / voiding the manufacturers warranty. Any alteration like that would easily be a reason to deny coverage. Not worth the risk of that.
First lets re-read what the OP asked and said!!!!!
Originally Posted by alexcx90
. Does anyone have any ideas on installing aftermarket front and rear parking sensors to the car?
These standalone aftermarket kits do work. And they do not void any WARRATY. Installing them in a bumper cover often referred to as a bumper will not cause any denial of the vehicle warranty. If you re-read the complete warranty and the sectional coverage which is often misunderstood. Any auto manufacture would be hard pressed to challenge a safety feature that was added to the vehicle and did not interfere with any current operating system or alter the integrity of the vehicle.

We install a who's who list of aftermarket item and electrical aftermarket parts and in ever questionable WARRATY contact customer care almost every auto manufacture from one time or another this is is generally the responses every time.

here is an example you may understand....

NO auto manufacture has EVER denied a warranty claim because someone installed none equipped brand tires. LOL
And yes it is the same thing !

I believe some insurance companies may still offer discount for added safety equipment to their vehicle? IDK USAA and AAA use to?

Last edited by Callisto; 11-29-2023 at 10:17 AM.
Old 12-03-2023, 08:29 PM

Well, I disagree with you. But even if you say no one has ever been denied coverage, how would you know that. Where is the grand database that states that fact. I do know from experience, that the Ford dealer I used to use cautioned me about adding fog lamps to my truck as I was timing into the wiring controlling the parking lights. They noticed during vehicle inspection which is required in Virginia. They said if there is any issue with the electrical system, they will use that as a warranty denial. I removed the lights as who wants to risk fighting a claim against Ford. They can tie you up in court for years and bankrupt you if they want to. It isn't worth the risk while under manufacturers warranty. After warranty has expired is not an issue but who wants to keep a car these days with tons of sensors and computers without some warranty. Not me. Too risky. But that's me and my opinion.

Old 12-04-2023, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by heywardjr54
Well, I disagree with you. But even if you say no one has ever been denied coverage, how would you know that. Where is the grand database that states that fact. I do know from experience, that the Ford dealer I used to use cautioned me about adding fog lamps to my truck as I was timing into the wiring controlling the parking lights. They noticed during vehicle inspection which is required in Virginia. They said if there is any issue with the electrical system, they will use that as a warranty denial. I removed the lights as who wants to risk fighting a claim against Ford. They can tie you up in court for years and bankrupt you if they want to. It isn't worth the risk while under manufacturers warranty. After warranty has expired is not an issue but who wants to keep a car these days with tons of sensors and computers without some warranty. Not me. Too risky. But that's me and my opinion.
LOL there actually... you added something that tapped into the electrical system. So, ya it would be a call shot by the dealership and most would not want to cover it under WARRANTY and you would need to pursue it directly with the auto manufacture!
Yes it is your opinion but mine is based on dealing with WARRATY and auto manufactures directly for years... lol

as for court battle "theory" IMHO you watch to many Televison shows like Lincon lawyer and get a false idea about how the legal system really works.. LOL