Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Parking Sensors

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2018, 08:25 PM
Default Rear Parking Sensors

I am about to lease a 2018 Grand Touring CX-5 and want the rear parking sensors which is not installed on any of the vehicles currently at my local dealership. Does this option have to be factory installed or can the dealer do it?

Thank you.

Old 04-08-2018, 02:50 AM
Super Moderator

They are a genuine accessory, fitted by the dealership.

(FYI, all CX-5s sold in my market come factory fitted with reverse/parking sensors.)

Old 04-08-2018, 07:01 AM

Thank you.

Old 12-31-2018, 01:36 PM

Does anyone have experience with actually getting these installed by the dealer? I’ve found instructions online, and it seems pretty much like removing the bumper, much of the interior lining, and drilling holes for the sensors and on/off switch. The end result is something that just beeps, and doesn’t integrate with the video. (Not to be confused with the built-in sensors on the Signature trim only.)

I’m a bit nervous about asking a dealer to do this much work on a brand new car, for an end result that may not be impressive, or worse.

Old 12-31-2018, 09:52 PM
Super Moderator

Dealers do this kind of work every day, if its not 100% perfect, complain & they will rectify any issues or concerns. Parking sensors are fantastic. If in doubt, drive a vehicle with park sensors and see for yourself.

Old 01-03-2019, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by grim_reaper
Dealers do this kind of work every day, if its not 100% perfect, complain & they will rectify any issues or concerns. Parking sensors are fantastic. If in doubt, drive a vehicle with park sensors and see for yourself.
I don't doubt that they're fantastic.

But isn't this the first year they're offered as an add-on to the CX-5? Besides, I've since learned that they don't integrate into the head unit, and I've seen one claim that they're only available in black.

I'll still think about it. Thanks.

Old 01-04-2019, 06:07 AM
Super Moderator

They have been offered as a genuine accessory since launch in 2012. They are colour coded to your bumper. Why would you want screen integration? They are only a audible warning.

Old 01-05-2019, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by grim_reaper
They have been offered as a genuine accessory since launch in 2012. They are colour coded to your bumper. Why would you want screen integration? They are only a audible warning.
On my husband's Prius, the parking sensors indicate visually where the obstacle they've detected is located. That's the sort of screen integration I'd like.

Old 01-05-2019, 05:33 PM

One of the only short-comings of the CX-5 is you have to get the top trim to get parking sensors and that ain't right. Those have become almost standard on many vehicles that cost less than 30k. It's really a safety item and should have been bundled with the other new safety features that do come on the car.

Old 01-06-2019, 02:51 AM
Super Moderator

Its interesting that its only the top spec that has them, in my market all specs have rear sensors from factory. Obvious Mazda USA is cutting costs.

Quick Reply: Rear Parking Sensors