Mazda CX-9 This larger SUV adds a V6 option, as well as more cargo room, to the CX-7 option.

Thoughts on recent purchase of 2012 CX-9 Grand Touring

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 11:39 AM
Default Thoughts on recent purchase of 2012 CX-9 Grand Touring

Hello all. I'm new here and have been exploring a bit.

I just purchased a 2012 CX-9 Grand Touring with 77000 miles and thought I'd share some thoughts as well as seek some input.

Day 2 and the car is back at the dealer with some quirks and I'm feeling anxious.

I was trying to familiarize myself with the car and I ejected the NAV DVD and when I try to put the disk in, it keeps ejecting.

Secondly, it seems the driver's side front speaker is blown.

Lastly, the cup holder is stuck shut.

Other than that....

Some thoughts on this vehicle: (I'd love to hear other's perception of the car)

PROS:
I love the simple dash layout and elegant interior.
Lots of bells and whistles that seem to add to the driving experience
The third row is easy to access for my kids
The V6 is strong and smooth and accelerates well.
I like the ride and the handling

CONS:
Blown speaker aside, the BOSE system stinks. Unless, something is wrong with mine. At any volume at all, the sound is distorted and the middle and high tones are clipped. That's crazy for a top end package.

Lots of squeaks and rattles. These seem to increase by the minute as I drive it. There is an incessant buzzing from the passenger door. I know that it is 5 years old but I drove Pilots and Highlanders that were far quieter. Perhaps, that is why they hold their value more and why I can afford this car and not those?

Perhaps the most irritating is the fact that when I sync my phone via Bluetooth, the song names don't show up on the display. I understand that this has to do with compatibility between my iPhone and the car software? I don't understand why this should be since we don't change cars as often as we do phones. Shouldn't there be some kind of system to keep these things working? I'd love to know if there is a fix for this.

I'm hoping i made a good decision with this car. The process of finding something that seemed decent and in my budget was difficult.

I know there are some speaker upgrades that might help and I'll consider that but I hate to start putting money into a car I just bought.

Have any of you tracked down noises? I'm guessing I need to start by taking the door panel off? That seems like I might just open myself up to more noises if I don't do it right.

I'd love some input.