Go Back  Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums > Mazda Vehicles > Mazda CX-9
Reload this Page >

Is there a class-action lawsuit against Mazda for the CX-9 PTU (transfer case) ?

Mazda CX-9 This larger SUV adds a V6 option, as well as more cargo room, to the CX-7 option.

Is there a class-action lawsuit against Mazda for the CX-9 PTU (transfer case) ?

Old 03-24-2017, 04:59 PM
Default Is there a class-action lawsuit against Mazda for the CX-9 PTU (transfer case) ?

Hi all,

I just blew $3,600 replacing a defective PTU on my 2008 CX-9. The PTU seized up and as a result destroyed the transmission.

No help from Mazda for the repair.

This is a very common, well known problem for all CX-9 AWD models up through 2015, one that Mazda refuses to address.

Does anyone know of a class-action lawsuit against Mazda for this?

I reported it to the NHTSA as well.

Thanks,
Sasha

Old 04-07-2017, 01:14 AM

We have just had it confirmed that our Mazda CX-9 has suffered the same fete as yours above. At 108,000 kms it's been rendered not worth repairing due to transfer case issues. I'd had it serviced last week only to have it start making a strange noise and an absolute stench of gas in the cabin. I quickly shot it off to my mechanic who delivered the bad news to us. After researching this issue I can see it is systemic and it sounds like some cases have been quite dangerous. This car shouldn't even be on the road. There is no doubt in my mind that a class action should be brought against Mazda. I'm in for sure. I now have a useless and worthless car let alone the inconvenience of not being able to get from A to B.