Mazda CX-9 This larger SUV adds a V6 option, as well as more cargo room, to the CX-7 option.

Power window on front passenger side clicks but doesn’t move

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2021, 04:35 PM
Default Power window on front passenger side clicks but doesn’t move

I got into my Mazda CX-9 this evening and was unable to put down the front passenger side window using the inside door window switch. With the car on, I noticed the three dots light on the window switch were illuminated. I checked to see if all the windows were locked on the driver side, but they were not. The back windows can go down fine as can the driver side window. There is a normal clicking sound that occurs when using the switch or trying it from the drivers side but it doesn’t actually do anything. Any clue what could be going on? I’ve tried resetting the windows but that didn’t work. The battery is good and wasn’t removed or disconnected anytime recently. Thanks for any guidance.

Old 12-15-2021, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by ESMAZDA
I got into my Mazda CX-9 this evening and was unable to put down the front passenger side window using the inside door window switch. With the car on, I noticed the three dots light on the window switch were illuminated. I checked to see if all the windows were locked on the driver side, but they were not. The back windows can go down fine as can the driver side window. There is a normal clicking sound that occurs when using the switch or trying it from the drivers side but it doesn’t actually do anything. Any clue what could be going on? I’ve tried resetting the windows but that didn’t work. The battery is good and wasn’t removed or disconnected anytime recently. Thanks for any guidance.
What year is your CX9? Still under warranty?

Old 12-15-2021, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by gphin
What year is your CX9? Still under warranty?
2014 but I purchased a third-party warranty which appears to cover interior electrical. digging more into this. was trying to see what it may be but willing to wait as it's completely driveable. thanks for asking.

Old 12-16-2021, 02:59 AM
Super Moderator

Common for the window motors to fail in the older CX-9s.

Old 12-16-2021, 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by grim_reaper
Common for the window motors to fail in the older CX-9s.
Got it. I guess 2014 is an older one or kind of middle of age. Going to see if the dealer will be able to fix it if it’s under warranty. Thanks for the info.