Mazda CX-7 This sporty turbocharged 4 cylinder SUV combines the spirit of a performance car with the versatility of an SUV.

No power to passenger window

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 12:41 PM
Default No power to passenger window

***I have done extensive searching on this issue, and I have not been able to find this condition/answer to said condition***

2009 Mazda CX7 GT

NO power to passenger window.
The lights on the switch AREN'T illuminated
Drivers side will not operate the window
Passenger side will not operate the window
No issues with the other three windows or moon roof.

Anyone have any suggestions? The Re-initialization/reset won't work, due to the fact the window is completely inoperable. I have changed the 15a fuse interior, as well as the 20a and 30a in the engine bay.

Old 06-15-2017, 05:08 AM
Super Moderator

Are you getting power to the switches?
Are you getting power to the window motor?

Old 06-15-2017, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by grim_reaper
Are you getting power to the switches?
Are you getting power to the window motor?
The driver's side switch is illuminated, but the passenger side is not. There are no noises when either switches are operated. It would appear that power isn't being supplied to the switch as well as the motor.

Old 06-17-2017, 03:18 AM
Super Moderator

Unless you get inside the door & check the electrical circuits, you are only guessing.

Old 02-24-2018, 08:54 AM
Default Cx 7 passenger side window not working

Hey Richard I'm having the same problems with my cx 7 I was wondering if you ever fix the problem I been searching for days now I check all wiring connections plugs replace window switches window motor bcm I was thinking about changing fuse boxes but before I go that route I found your thread

Old 02-25-2018, 03:05 AM
Super Moderator

Jokerk20, when operating the drivers switch, are you getting power to the passengers window switch &/or motor?

Old 02-28-2018, 09:50 AM
Default No power to passenger window

Yes I'm getting power to both switches I have access to Aldata I have check signal connections grownds most of the stuff that the paper ask me to check I try two different switches on the passenger side and two use ones on the driver side I get to signal going out from the driver side switch no up or down on the passenger side the switch doesn't illuminate i was thinking that's my problem i got another bcm from the junk yard still no luck I check the wires to see if they were broken from somewhere but everything is good so far

Old 06-25-2018, 10:29 AM
Default A funny little thing can happen

This is a ford/Mazda thing with the power window. Passenger side. You'll have full power to the switch. Motor and wiring through the passenger side. What happens sometimes or if your battery gets disconnected. Or a surge or whatever. There's a relay built into the drivers side switch. It'll fault out the pass. Window. Start the car. Roll the window down with the passenger control. Hold down on the Sievers side control on the passenger button till you hear a click then pull up on the drivers side passenger button. It'll reset the relay. Could be what your missing. It's on Google. Can't remember 100 percent what button devs/passng to hit all the time
Had to do it twice in the past myself

Old 05-20-2022, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Mazdaboy75
This is a ford/Mazda thing with the power window. Passenger side. You'll have full power to the switch. Motor and wiring through the passenger side. What happens sometimes or if your battery gets disconnected. Or a surge or whatever. There's a relay built into the drivers side switch. It'll fault out the pass. Window. Start the car. Roll the window down with the passenger control. Hold down on the Sievers side control on the passenger button till you hear a click then pull up on the drivers side passenger button. It'll reset the relay. Could be what your missing. It's on Google. Can't remember 100 percent what button devs/passng to hit all the time
Had to do it twice in the past myself

Thanks, now I know there a driver relay to passenger switch. I suspect my driver switch is broken.