General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Front power window problem, Mazda 3

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 12:20 PM
Default Front power window problem, Mazda 3

After having a new battery fitted, not by the main Mazda dealer, I'm having a problem with front passenger power window no longer working at all. Only the front windows are powered. I have done the reset as per the manual with no success. So it looks like I'll have to take a front door panel off to start checking. Anybody any ideas where to start. The power button still lights up when side lights or dark. So it must be getting power.

Any help appreciated

Old 07-08-2014, 02:57 PM
Banned

To correct this I first put the passenger window down from the passenger side. Now I start putting it up with my right hand----while it’s going up I use my left hand and put the window up using the driver side control for that window, keep holding both buttons up for 20 seconds after the window has reached the top. My radio pre-sets also lost.

The passenger window is the only window not working from the driver side control! It works from the passenger side always!
The above is the procedure to get your passenger window to work from driver side controls.

Old 07-09-2014, 04:36 AM

Thanks for that. The passenger window is presently stuck in the fully closed position at the moment. By the way, only the front windows are power windows. The back are manual, so no problems from changing the battery there! The driver's power window works fine. I also lost my radio pre sets too. Do you think it (the passenger power window) can be forced manually into the fully down position?

Last edited by andypomf; 07-09-2014 at 04:41 AM.
Old 07-09-2014, 08:09 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by andypomf
Thanks for that. The passenger window is presently stuck in the fully closed position at the moment. By the way, only the front windows are power windows. The back are manual, so no problems from changing the battery there! The driver's power window works fine. I also lost my radio pre sets too. Do you think it (the passenger power window) can be forced manually into the fully down position?
Then procedure I gave is for the passenger side front window only!

Can you move the passenger window from the passenger side? If you can, please do my procedure. My procedure should allow you to move passenger front window from the driver side.
You lose radio pre-sets because of battery change as well. You'll have to manually do those over again!

Old 07-10-2014, 04:34 AM

Thanks again. Your help is much appreciated. I will try to manoeuvre the passenger window this evening when my wife gets home and let you know how I get on tomorrow (Friday). Cheers

Last edited by andypomf; 07-10-2014 at 04:35 AM. Reason: Spelling mistake
Old 07-14-2014, 05:31 AM

Sad to report it will not budge. The power window will not go down. It appears to be fixed in place in the fully closed position

Old 07-14-2014, 08:28 AM
Banned

more than likely gonna have to take door apart and check connections, switch.

Old 07-15-2014, 05:11 AM

I think you are right and it looks as though there's not going to be a simple or easy answer. I have appreciated your responses & help. Thanks.