Mazda CX-9 This larger SUV adds a V6 option, as well as more cargo room, to the CX-7 option.

My Mazda CX-9 couldn’t crank and couldn’t start after what I did - need helpful pls

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2020, 07:09 AM
Default My Mazda CX-9 couldn’t crank and couldn’t start after what I did - need helpful pls

Hello everyone, I own a Mazda CX-9 and this morning I tried to troubleshoot the front blower and instead I think I must have caused a severe damage to the car. I actually plugged off the front blower relay while the engine is running and the AC is on. The car went off and never crank nor start again.

Anybody has an idea what could have gone wrong and how to fix it please? I will really appreciate your advise
thanks

Old 06-25-2020, 03:25 PM

"I actually plugged off the front blower relay while the engine is running"

Can you explain what this means?

Old 06-26-2020, 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by Bronco Boy
"I actually plugged off the front blower relay while the engine is running"

Can you explain what this means?
Hi, what I meant was simply I unplugged the relay box while the car engine was running. In more details I started my car that morning and tired to check what could be the problem with my front AC blower, as the car was I went to engine side, opened the cover of the relay/fuse box and located the exact relay switch connected to the front AC blower and I unplugged it while the engine was running. That action made the car engine go off immediately and since then I am not able to start it and not able to figure out what could have been the damage.

i will really appreciate if you can kindly advise me what to do to fix it
thanks

Old 06-26-2020, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Greman73
Hi, what I meant was simply I unplugged the relay box while the car engine was running. In more details I started my car that morning and tired to check what could be the problem with my front AC blower, as the car was I went to engine side, opened the cover of the relay/fuse box and located the exact relay switch connected to the front AC blower and I unplugged it while the engine was running. That action made the car engine go off immediately and since then I am not able to start it and not able to figure out what could have been the damage.

i will really appreciate if you can kindly advise me what to do to fix it
thanks
Ok, I understand now. I looked at a wiring schematic and don't see a logical reason for what happened, so it could just be coincidence. Did you put the relay back in? If not, try that and see if the car starts. Could be a fail-safe going on. If that fails, then you will need to get a voltmeter and check all the relays and fuses. This might mean a trip to the dealer or a repair shop.

Old 06-26-2020, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Bronco Boy
Ok, I understand now. I looked at a wiring schematic and don't see a logical reason for what happened, so it could just be coincidence. Did you put the relay back in? If not, try that and see if the car starts. Could be a fail-safe going on. If that fails, then you will need to get a voltmeter and check all the relays and fuses. This might mean a trip to the dealer or a repair shop.
thank you for the feedback, I tried everything and couldn’t figure out any solution so I have to deliver the car to a repair room.
many thanks once again