Mazda CX-9 This larger SUV adds a V6 option, as well as more cargo room, to the CX-7 option.

Mazda CX9 2021: Climate control and Driver side Noise

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2021, 10:14 AM
Question Mazda CX9 2021: Climate control and Driver side Noise

We just bought a brand new Mazda CX9. I have the following issues and haven't been able to find any answers:
  1. The climate control calibration seems off. At 69F it seems too warm (like at 70-71F) and to cool it down we have to take it to 64F and then come up gradually. This is not the case when it comes to heat.
  2. The climate control for the front and rear do not SYNC when I press the sync button on the front. I have checked everything, restarted the car, turned the system on and off and still no avail.
  3. There is a weird noise that comes from the driver side front pillar/Door/Window when the car is cruising on a highway at about 50-70mph. Initially I thought it was leaves and I cleaned out the gap between the fendor and the car body by popping the trunk, but it looks like air passing through that gap into the door maybe?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Old 12-03-2021, 08:50 PM

If its brand new, I'd take it back to dealer and see if they can identify the issues. We just bought a barely used 2020 CX9 about six weeks ago and a brand new CX5 last week and the dealer has been very helpful.

Old 12-27-2021, 05:52 AM

I'm not great with cars and on a very tight budget during this pandemic so here I am asking for any help I can get. My 2012 Mazda 3 Touring was blowing hot air from all of it's vents. I added the AC Pro Recharge until it hit the filled/green range but now there's hot air on the driver's side and nice, cool air on the passenger side. What can I do to take care of this problem that is budget friendly? Thank you in advance for your assistance! Additional note: it's currently 107F degrees outside but it feels like 120-125F. Anything soon would be a blessing as it feels like literal hell 192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1 driving to work. Thank you!

Old 02-21-2022, 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by gcrut
We just bought a brand new Mazda CX9. I have the following issues and haven't been able to find any answers:
  1. The climate control calibration seems off. At 69F it seems too warm (like at 70-71F) and to cool it down we have to take it to 64F and then come up gradually. This is not the case when it comes to heat.
  2. The climate control for the front and rear do not SYNC when I press the sync button on the front. I have checked everything, restarted the car, turned the system on and off and still no avail.
  3. There is a weird noise that comes from the driver side front pillar/Door/Window when the car is cruising on a highway at about 50-70mph. Initially I thought it was leaves and I cleaned out the gap between the fendor and the car body by popping the trunk, but it looks like air passing through that gap into the door maybe?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
For #2 -- I believe the sync button for climate control is only for the driver and passenger side.

Old 02-21-2022, 07:58 AM
Default Agreed

Originally Posted by gphin
If its brand new, I'd take it back to dealer and see if they can identify the issues. We just bought a barely used 2020 CX9 about six weeks ago and a brand new CX5 last week and the dealer has been very helpful.
Not sure why you’re not taking it to the service center at the dealership. If you’re not get answers and a resolution from them, take it to another Mazda dealership. I’d be on them like white on rice to get this resolved or call corporate, file a complaint, use social media to your advantage.