Mazda CX-9 This larger SUV adds a V6 option, as well as more cargo room, to the CX-7 option.

2016 CX9 GT problems- suspension, driver side mirror and speed limit signs

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 05:54 PM
Default 2016 CX9 GT problems- suspension, driver side mirror and speed limit signs

Hello, I am new member here, and it is my first post
so I have car for less then 1 month, and already put 3100 miles o. It. Overall happy with car, but have some concerns. On 2nd day of the owing a car, when driving g on rough road, or going over speed bumps started to hear popping noia on ethe driver front side, took it to the dealer when had 800 miles, and they couldn't hear anything (as always). Maybe I have to sensitive noise, but ok.
And also I complained, that on projection screen and on main display the speed limit doesn't match, actual speed limited posted on the street signs. Sometimes it shows lower speed limit, but some5imes higher than posted. And I even got speeding ticket, because the posted limit was 30, but on my screen it was showing 40mph, so I got ticket for going 48 on 30, going to fight it in court. So back to the subject. Dealer updated infotainment software, but it didn't fix the problem.

last week I drove to Tampa, and when I got my destination, I was parking, and heard some weird rubbing/squeeking noise under my feet. Started to turn steere8ng wheel and noticed, that when my steering wheel turned one full rotation to the left, and same vibration and squeezing noise again.it happens on low speeds, because there is no way you will turn steering wheel for one full rotation on higher speeds. And it happens when car is parked or moving 5-10mph. Took to the dealer, mechanic stated that he heard the noise, but when he compared to the another brand new cx9, he heard the same noise, so there was no fix. Scheduled another appointment with different dealer.
and the last for now. When driving on highway 65-70mph, the driver sideview, starts to shake, so I cannot clearly see the car behind me, especially at night. Annoying.
Does anybody else had to experience same issues as I do?
Thanks for reading my post

Old 05-24-2017, 04:13 PM

None of the same issues.

--Popping noise...find a rough spot or speed bump near the dealership so you can take the service writer for a ride, and demonstrate it for him.
---Speed limits...What you see is what's encoded in the maps in the nav program. They were accurate at the time the maps were produced, unless they were erroneous. Use them as a guide, not as the actual limit. You own the ticket, 'cuz you failed to obey the speed limit sign posted by the jurisdiction.

Old 07-26-2017, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by PTguy
None of the same issues.

--Popping noise...find a rough spot or speed bump near the dealership so you can take the service writer for a ride, and demonstrate it for him.
---Speed limits...What you see is what's encoded in the maps in the nav program. They were accurate at the time the maps were produced, unless they were erroneous. Use them as a guide, not as the actual limit. You own the ticket, 'cuz you failed to obey the speed limit sign posted by the jurisdiction.
Few updates.

I hired the lawyer for my ticket, the court date g9t moved one time, and it happened to be July 24, my ticket got dismissed, because an officer wrong wrong statute on the ticket. I got lucky here.

Popping sound on left front side it was loose splash guard, that was loose from day one, and it was shaking when hitting bumps, and sound was going into the cabin, fixed by the dealer.

With steering issue, and squeeking, rubbing sound when turning wheel 360 to the left or right it is still there. When I went first time to the dealer, they replaced rubber bushing on my control arm, but it didn't help, after few thousand miles, I started to hear noise on the right side too. I have friend who has 2013 cx9, he has same sound, it seems like it is common Mazda problem. Too bad they still didn't find solution to fix it.

Beside that I saw few times my backup camera didn't work few times, and more of them that my rear left parking sensor was beeping for no reason.

Old 07-26-2017, 12:07 AM

squeeking, rubbing sound when turning wheel 360
If you want to check this yourself, try squirting a good amount of silicone spray inside one rubber bushing at a time. Check the thrust bearings at the top of each strut as well. The silicone lube won't fix it, but if it quiets it for a short time, you've found the culprit.