Mazda CX-9 This larger SUV adds a V6 option, as well as more cargo room, to the CX-7 option.

Mazda CX-9 2011 Antifreeze in the engine

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2021, 06:55 PM
Default Mazda CX-9 2011 Antifreeze in the engine

Hello,

I had an accident with my Mazda CX-9 2011. What happened is: I was going home after work,

there was traffic. So, I decided to take the street instead of the highway because of the traffic.

As I put light on to change line on the left, I checked, no car coming and I am good to go, as I am

getting on the left line, suddenly, one driver decided to speed up. The way the car was going I do

not think the driver was plaining on stopping so I tried to get back where I was, but the crazy

driver made a crazy and insane right turn, from the left line and cut the car in front of me. So,

the car in front of me hits the brakes and as I am trying to get back, I also had to hit the brakes

and I did hit him from the back. The car in front had a big trailer hitch and I felt the hit. We

exchanged information but since he had that big trailer hitch his car was fine, but my Mazda CX-

9 took all the damage, the trailer hitch went all the way to the foam. The next day, since I was

from home in the morning, when I went to check my car, I started it I did make a weird sound,

after 2 or 3minuts, the engine started to smoke, my antifreeze(coolant) was leaking everywhere.

I called the insurance, and I told the agent since the accident my antifreeze is leaking, and the

engine is making crazy smoke and they got my car tow to repair shop. The repair shop did

esthetic evaluation but when the try to start it, was working so now the repair shop got it tow to

Mazda dealer, where one of Mazda expert did another evaluation and according that expert the

engine has antifreeze in it and according to the same Mazda expert it is not because of the

accident. For me that is impossible because I know my car, for example, on Monday when I

started it the sound Is different from Tuesday ill call my garage and ask if they can check it for

me. There is no way I would not know, I did my oil change, I did the recall every time I received a

letter about a recall. So now, they have my car since November 19 and still no news and when I

tried to call the insurance, the only thing I am getting is that they putted a note for the car

expert to get back to me. I do not know what to do.

Any advice?

Old 01-12-2021, 12:03 AM

If the radiator and the engine oil cooler where damaged in the accident, than for sure coolant will mix with engine oil and damage the engine. So it's an accident related damage and your insurance should cover the repair costs.