Mazda CX-9 This larger SUV adds a V6 option, as well as more cargo room, to the CX-7 option.

Front rotor replacement

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 09:58 PM
Default Front rotor replacement

My wife's 2008 CX-9 feels like the front rotors are warped when braking. What are the best replacement rotors work the best for this vehicle? I was looking at a premium dimpled and slotted brake rotors for another vehicle that we own and was wondering what others are have been doing when replacing their front end rotors.
Thanks in advance for your assistance.
bbqking.

Old 07-27-2013, 10:20 PM

If they are the original rotors and you have been doing average driving, then you have gotten your money's worth out of them.
Rotors are wear parts and different designs will give you different issues. Cross drilled rotors allow for the dissipation of gases when the pads heat up. The holes however are great starting points for cracks to develop.
Slotted rotors shave the pads so there is always some fresh material pressing against the rotor. You guessed it, shaving increases pad wear along with braking power. It is great for racing where money is no issue.
Dimples on rotors? I never heard of that.

I vote for original equipment or Wagner products.

Old 07-27-2013, 10:37 PM

Thanks for the quick reponse and adive. Dimpled rotors are partially drilled to avoid the issue you pointed out with cracking on cross drilled rotors. We live in the cold tundra of MN and quick braking is key with some of the idiots driving around here. I came accross a site brakeperformance.com that was recommended from some guys on another site for the different vehcile we owned. I don't drive my wife's vehcile and she is pretty easy on the braking so OE rotors may be the way to go.

Old 07-28-2013, 10:07 AM

performance is another word for racing. So if you are at Brainerd internatioanl Raceway and do your laps you will be braking over and over again with hot brakes.

On the other hand, if you are dodging brainiacs you will be hitting cold brakes. Oe or Wagner will be better in this case.