Mazda CX-9 This larger SUV adds a V6 option, as well as more cargo room, to the CX-7 option.

CX9 Uncomfortable Seats

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2023, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by dugbt
If in Fact Mazda gets enough consumer complaints, which they monitor, they are very proactive in addressing ongoing concerns even if it is simply a technical Bulletin not necessarily considered warranty.
Yes they do but seems you know about auto manufactures the change in the seating came from the majority wanting "firmer seating" not just with Mazda but just about all the daily drivers.
Originally Posted by dugbt
Brilliant response from a senior member. Retired 3 years ago at 60 and still enjoy driving, comfortably of course. Not in a care home yet.
senior.. who me oh you said senor member. ROLMAO. So you are 63. Ok l hate to tell you but your response about the feel you get from the Mazda seats is something IMHO an older person might talk about.?
Originally Posted by gphin
I posted once before on this subject and have since made another annual 1200 mile drive to South Florida for the winter. Yep, old retired guy. I do this drive non-stop except for gas.....takes about 18 hours. One reason I can do it is the vehicle rides so comfortable, and that includes the seats. I'm 6-1 and 185 and have no issues with the seats. Just a matter of finding the right settings for the drive.. My only issue is the seat bottom could be a little longer or include a 1-2 inch pull out extension like my X3. Other than that, I'm going to guess I'm in the vast majority as far as the seats go and doubt Mazda is going to make any substantial changes because of a few complaints. I've owned many cars over the years and have never know a car seat to be comfortable for 100% of buyers.
I am almost 6-1 and 185 as well and have no complaints with my Mazda seats. Saet covers may be answer for some that are feeling uncomfortable with long drives????

My dad is 91 and he is starting to complain his Cadillac seats are uncomfortable. Go figure. LOL

Old 08-29-2023, 12:39 AM
Default Seat comfort front, rear

Mazda seats aren't the most comfortable and the back seats are like torture, just no cushion, straight backs. Honda and Toyota front seats are the best I've seen. I've done continuous, 1/2 Cross country trips in those, no problem. New fords are a nightmare, they pack the leather seats so full of cushion they're like a brick, really bad.
i wish there was a way to upgrade the rear Mazda seats. Even in my cx9, they're rough.
Originally Posted by Callisto
I have to laugh on some threads at times Does anyone really think this is a warranty issue with MAZDA or any other auto manufacture about seat comfort? Its not. Unless there is a defect or workability issues. Fitment is all on you when you decided to buy any vehicle. But you can express your thoughts and feeling about it on a forum!

Old 09-05-2023, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Letsdoit
Mazda seats aren't the most comfortable and the back seats are like torture, just no cushion, straight backs. Honda and Toyota front seats are the best I've seen. I've done continuous, 1/2 Cross country trips in those, no problem. New fords are a nightmare, they pack the leather seats so full of cushion they're like a brick, really bad.
i wish there was a way to upgrade the rear Mazda seats. Even in my cx9, they're rough.
There might be a way. I have no problem with my rear seats. They are exactly the same as the fronts since I have the Signature model. Maybe there is a way to retrofit?

Old 11-24-2023, 06:21 PM
Default 2022 CX 9 Signature / seat comfort

Originally Posted by Dark cloud
Even worse, the guy that started the thread hasn't even driven a CX9 to make his own decision. Preemptively complaining about a problem that might not even exist. I'm a little more insane from reading this thread
Well I leased a CX9 Signature and was never happier when I turned it in two weeks ago. We did test drive the vehicle before leasing. In a 15 minute test drive, there is no way you can tell how uncomfortable the seating really is. It's not until your driving for 2 hrs. or more, do you realize how bad the seating is. For $50k car, Mazda should be ashamed as it doesn't even come close to our previous Toyota Highlander, for seating comfort. I'm glad it's gone and much happier with our new purchase of a Hyundai Palisade.

Old 11-24-2023, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Dave S
Well I leased a CX9 Signature and was never happier when I turned it in two weeks ago. We did test drive the vehicle before leasing. In a 15 minute test drive, there is no way you can tell how uncomfortable the seating really is. It's not until your driving for 2 hrs. or more, do you realize how bad the seating is. For $50k car, Mazda should be ashamed as it doesn't even come close to our previous Toyota Highlander, for seating comfort. I'm glad it's gone and much happier with our new purchase of a Hyundai Palisade.
Good luck with the Palisade. My sister has a '21 and I've driven it and ridden in it several times. I'm not a Mazda fanboy....our CX9 is our first ever Mazda. Owned over 35 cars, mostly VWs and BMWs in recent years. I'll take the CX9 over the Palisade any day. To each their own I guess. Just curious if you test drove the CX-90 before making your decision?

Old 11-24-2023, 10:03 PM

Good luck with the Palisade. My sister has a '21 and I've driven it and ridden in it several times. I'm not a Mazda fanboy....our CX9 is our first ever Mazda. Owned over 35 cars, mostly VWs and BMWs in recent years. I'll take the CX9 over the Palisade any day. To each their own I guess. Just curious if you test drove the CX-90 before making your decision?
If you read my post you woukd have seen I test drove the car. Let me know what you think when you drive over a few hours straight.

Old 11-24-2023, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by Dave S
If you read my post you woukd have seen I test drove the car. Let me know what you think when you drive over a few hours straight.
If you read my post you should have comprehended I asked if you tested the CX90. And if you bothered to take the time to review previous posts here, you would know your last sentence makes no sense. Interesting you have had the car for many months and just decided now to join this forum to diss the CX9? Good luck on the Palisade forums.

Old 11-25-2023, 09:50 AM

If you read my post you should have comprehended I asked if you tested the CX90. And if you bothered to take the time to review previous posts here, you would know your last sentence makes no sense. Interesting you have had the car for many months and just decided now to join this forum to diss the CX9? Good luck on the Palisade forums.
ROLMAO gphin ... this sums up that member ......