Mazda CX-9 This larger SUV adds a V6 option, as well as more cargo room, to the CX-7 option.

CX9 Seats.

Old 03-08-2019, 03:04 PM
Nex

Originally Posted by montanaman View Post
They must have changed the front seat mechanism for 2018 because my GT will tilt up from the front or down in the rear when I slightly twist the lever that moves the seat back and forth. I am average build ( 5'8" 170 lbs) and I can find multiple seat positions that are comfortable for me. I agree that the cockpit that they created with the large high center console decreases lateral leg movement but for me it's a non factor and I actually like it that way.
yes I read the update that the 2018 does have the tilt position.. also has the folding mirrors which is nice to have as well I gather. But I mean you get cars that are older like my Dodge Caravan I bought a brand new one on 2012 and that thing at every single position possible in the seat and that car cost almost half as much as a Mazda CX-9..
Anyhow it's a great car to drive regardLESS.

Old 03-08-2019, 03:06 PM
Nex

Originally Posted by SedonaDreaming View Post
Ii have never heard of or seen the CX-9 GT Model. Is that a US model or are you overseas? I agree in the cockpit room...not very much for anyone who is not a twig.

I know what you are saying about the cockpit console.

I really am not complaining about the vehicle. I love mine, just that it has a couple of quirks, the noise from the back being the worst. Really hope it's fixed. Maybe you can prop some foam pieces behind your license plate holder and see if it helps? My plate felt tight to me, but maybe it was slapping or something.
well I don't drive it much my wife hasnt been complaining about that sound lately... I'm not a fan of bringing the car into a dealership and have them rip it apart cuz when tabs and things come off they don't go back the same.... for now I think the noise stopped but it's definitely not the license plate that's for sure..
Hopefully I ll find one of the kids Hot Wheels toys somewhere there in the spring when I do a major clean-up ..mind you it's already clean but you never know if something has fallen somewhere..