Mazda CX-9 This larger SUV adds a V6 option, as well as more cargo room, to the CX-7 option.

CX9 Seats.

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2019, 03:04 PM
Nex

Originally Posted by montanaman
They must have changed the front seat mechanism for 2018 because my GT will tilt up from the front or down in the rear when I slightly twist the lever that moves the seat back and forth. I am average build ( 5'8" 170 lbs) and I can find multiple seat positions that are comfortable for me. I agree that the cockpit that they created with the large high center console decreases lateral leg movement but for me it's a non factor and I actually like it that way.
yes I read the update that the 2018 does have the tilt position.. also has the folding mirrors which is nice to have as well I gather. But I mean you get cars that are older like my Dodge Caravan I bought a brand new one on 2012 and that thing at every single position possible in the seat and that car cost almost half as much as a Mazda CX-9..
Anyhow it's a great car to drive regardLESS.

Old 03-08-2019, 03:06 PM
Nex

Originally Posted by SedonaDreaming
Ii have never heard of or seen the CX-9 GT Model. Is that a US model or are you overseas? I agree in the cockpit room...not very much for anyone who is not a twig.

I know what you are saying about the cockpit console.

I really am not complaining about the vehicle. I love mine, just that it has a couple of quirks, the noise from the back being the worst. Really hope it's fixed. Maybe you can prop some foam pieces behind your license plate holder and see if it helps? My plate felt tight to me, but maybe it was slapping or something.
well I don't drive it much my wife hasnt been complaining about that sound lately... I'm not a fan of bringing the car into a dealership and have them rip it apart cuz when tabs and things come off they don't go back the same.... for now I think the noise stopped but it's definitely not the license plate that's for sure..
Hopefully I ll find one of the kids Hot Wheels toys somewhere there in the spring when I do a major clean-up ..mind you it's already clean but you never know if something has fallen somewhere..

Old 02-04-2020, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by David MJ Ko
Hello !
The center console seems to be angled in a way that you are restricted to the movement of your legs horizontally, and the seats itself seems to be narrow for my body type..
Regards
David
This exactly sums up my thoughts on the driver's seat. We just got a 2019 CX-9, and I am very upset with myself for not realizing this during the test drives. It's the most uncomfortable driver's seat in any car that I have sat it. The center console severely restricts your leg movement, preventing you from expanding your legs horizontally at all. You have to sit with your leg vertically aligned with the gas pedal. Further, the console is made of hard plastic, which is terribly uncomfortable on your knee after a time of leaning up against it. The seats themselves are indeed narrow, with stiff raised edges. They seem like they would be very comfortable if they were big enough. I am 6'3" though, and they are far too small for me. I suspect that a smaller person would not have all these issues with this car, but if you are over 6 ft, I would avoid it.

Old 09-12-2020, 07:01 PM

Hello !
I would like to ask people who own a new Cx9 in regards to the comfort of front seats. The new CX-9's are perfect in almost every way for a family car for us, but coming out of a ford Full size sedan, despite the CX-9s being a big wide and long car i found the front two seats uncomfortable.
The center console seems to be angled in a way that you are restricted to the movement of your legs horizontally, and the seats itself seems to be narrow for my body type. The 2nd row seats feel really comfortable and its a wonderful car but please share your experiences with me on this.
Regards
David
I did test drive the CX 9 and it was simulator to the CX 5. I owned a Honda accord before and the seats were very comfortable, but the thing was under powered and much less refined. I found that the CX 5 over a short time started to fit me nicely ( i'm 6'1" and 235 lbs) and I do believe they have worked on and fixed most of the seat issues for the CX 30. If you want a very comfortable SUV check out the new RDX. However it comes with a large price tag, poor fuel economy and transmission issues. I guess what I'm saying is if you ever find the perfect car let me know. However, seat comfort is a big issue and if it is that bad for you than maybe this isn't the car for you.

Last edited by pcumby; 09-12-2020 at 07:13 PM.
Old 10-23-2020, 08:38 AM

Hello !
I would like to ask people who own a new Cx9 in regards to the comfort of front seats. The new CX-9's are perfect in almost every way for a family car for us, but coming out of a ford Full size sedan, despite the CX-9s being a big wide and long car i found the front two seats uncomfortable.
The center console seems to be angled in a way that you are restricted to the movement of your legs horizontally, and the seats itself seems to be narrow for my body type. The 2nd row seats feel really comfortable and its a wonderful car but please share your experiences with me on this.
Regards
David
I agree we just went on a trip of 4 hours each way and I was actually in pain near the end of each leg. Of course we did stop a few times, but still these seats seem very hard. I would like to know if there is anything that can be done to fix this without affecting the heating or cooling of the seats?

Old 10-29-2020, 06:44 AM

Aside from being under powered, the seats were very uncomfortable, both front and back. I promptly purchased a 2021 Toyota Highlander XSE. Now I am a happy camper. Sorry Mazda. I really wanted the CX9, but after driving one, I was totally dissatisfied with the seats, which is very important, particularly on long trips.