Mazda CX-9 This larger SUV adds a V6 option, as well as more cargo room, to the CX-7 option.

CX-9 2010 Radio Problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 05:12 PM
mhd
Default CX-9 2010 Radio Problem

All,

I have a new copper red 2010 CX-9 bought in Feb 2010. Everything is great except the Radio reception. There is a static in the background and the sound is not clear. I have a feeling it is due to the interior antenna. I have taken it to the dealer and they say it is normal..the old rickttey radio of my corrolla has better reception! I have asked the dealer whether they can install the antenna like CX-7, but they won't.

Is there any solution to this problem? Anyone having problem with their CX-9 radio reception?

Thanks

MK

Last edited by mhd; 04-07-2010 at 05:14 PM. Reason: correction
Old 04-26-2010, 11:05 PM

AM or FM? I ask because I've seen lots of problems with AM reception due to window tinting. Otherwise I'd contact Mazda corporate and let them know what kind of problem you're having, they may have a solution for you.

Old 02-17-2012, 11:13 AM
Unhappy Static on my Radio too!

I just bought a used CX-9 from a dealership and am expereinicng the same exact thing. Originally, I thought it was a simple antenna problem so I brought it back to the dealer and they looked at the car and said that it was an after market radio so they transferred me to an independent audio installer who looked at the head unit and said it was fine. They just needed to order a brand-new antenna lead. Five days later brought the car back and the antenna lead was installed with no change to the static. They then put in a brand-new Pioneer Avic BT930 system to replace the Eclipse system that was installed. This would surely fix the problem. Well, guess what, the static is still there and I get terrible reception. I have an appointment with the installer next week so we will see what happens next. I love the car , great handling, style, power , etc. Just wish the radio worked.

Old 03-28-2021, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by CJ_CX9
I just bought a used CX-9 from a dealership and am expereinicng the same exact thing. Originally, I thought it was a simple antenna problem so I brought it back to the dealer and they looked at the car and said that it was an after market radio so they transferred me to an independent audio installer who looked at the head unit and said it was fine. They just needed to order a brand-new antenna lead. Five days later brought the car back and the antenna lead was installed with no change to the static. They then put in a brand-new Pioneer Avic BT930 system to replace the Eclipse system that was installed. This would surely fix the problem. Well, guess what, the static is still there and I get terrible reception. I have an appointment with the installer next week so we will see what happens next. I love the car , great handling, style, power , etc. Just wish the radio worked.
did they find the problem and what was the fix? Experiencing the same problem here with my 2007 cx9. When i had the stock radio, i was getting that static noise when I plugged into the 3.5mm aux. Now that, Ive changed my headunit to an android, i get that static sound on bluetooth and pretty much anything that uses the speakers. Im thinking that it could be a problem with the stock noise filter in the tailgate or the stock amplifier.