Mazda CX-9 This larger SUV adds a V6 option, as well as more cargo room, to the CX-7 option.

Cracked Infotainment Covered by Warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2019, 06:47 AM
Lightbulb Cracked Infotainment Covered by Warranty?

Hi all.
I've got a 2017 Mazda CX-9 still under warranty. This past winter, due to cold, the edges of the infotainment system cracked. Did some research and appears that this is a recurring issue, link below.

Note from Mazda corporate below who say yes to me being covered but defer to the dealership on specifics of the issue.

Can anyone tell me about their experiences trying to get a dealership to cover this?
Thanks in advance for your help.

https://mazda.oemdtc.com/530/cracks-...015-2016-mazda

from Mazda corporate:
Great, thanks Emily! I can confirm that your vehicle is still within the warranty parameters for concerns on the display (Infotainment) screen. However, I cannot make warranty determinations virtually so the concern will need to be inspected by your local Mazda dealer to confirm this is a warranty-related repair. If so, there will be no cost to you for the inspection or repairs. Based off your zip code, your local Mazda dealer is:

Old 05-11-2019, 12:36 PM

A dealership does not "cover" a warranty claim. They do work for which they will be reimbursed by Mazda North American Operations if the parts and labor charge they submit is warranted. Mazda corp will very likely cover the cost of replacing the display screen unless there are signs of damage caused by you. That's not the case, you say, so you should be fine. Make your appointment with the Mazda dealership of your choice. Explain how you found the cracked edges after extremely cold weather. Don't say more than you need to say. State the facts. That's it. You should be fine. Let us know how it turns out.

Old 05-11-2019, 03:16 PM

Thanks for getting back to me! I'll certainly let you all know how it turns out.

Old 05-21-2019, 11:18 AM

How did it go?

Old 05-21-2019, 12:06 PM

My appointment is on Thursday. I'll keep you all posted, thanks for asking!

Old 05-24-2019, 10:59 AM

So far so good. They've ordered the infotainment system part and said something interesting...if there is no sign of exterior trauma to the unit (like the infotainment system didn't take a hit) then that's how they determine if it's covered by warranty. They'll call when the part comes in and I'm scheduled to have it installed. I'll write another update then.

Old 06-12-2019, 12:58 PM

Got the infotainment system replaced. It was all covered. Dealer was fine to deal with!
Thanks all for the support!

Old 06-15-2019, 08:31 AM
Super Moderator

Mazda is pretty good on Warranty support. If they can't prove its intentional or user error they will cover anything.

Old 11-11-2019, 01:34 PM
Default Cracked Infotainment

Hi Egrote,
I have the same issue with my car :/ Cracked screen after temperatures dropped. It first started on one corner and then another one. However my car is over 20K, I’m hoping it is still covered and won’t have to pay out of pocket. Did it happen again after replacement?

Old 11-11-2019, 02:11 PM
Default Reply

Hi, sorry about your screen. I just got mine replaced this past spring and haven't had a nyc winter yet. HOPING it does't crack as I'm now out of warranty. Good luck!