Mazda CX-9 This larger SUV adds a V6 option, as well as more cargo room, to the CX-7 option.

Anoyances...

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 02:55 PM
Default RE: Anoyances...Auto door locks

Hey Whitesnakei founded some answers at (2) and (4) read this http://worldwidehints.com/2007+Mazda+CX-9+Review.html

Old 05-16-2007, 02:31 PM
Default RE: Anoyances...

Annoyances we have.

1. No option for trip computer, i.e., gas mileage, distance to empty, etc. First car I've owned since 1989 without this feature.

2. No option to have doors automatically lock after movement commences.

3. No height adjustment of passenger seat.

4. My wife cannot get direct sunlight out of her eyes without raising the driver's seat until it crushes her hairdo. This is due to windshield design.

5. Every front-seat passenger I have ever had bumped their head when entering the first time.

6. I can't believe there is no built-in garage door opener option. Unheard of for a luxury car.

7. No reverse sensing warning option except rear camera which only comes with nav system at premium expense.

The car drives well, but a little more emphasis of the luxury side would have been appreciated, especially on my GT.

Old 05-16-2007, 07:17 PM

I believe that #7 is not true...I discovered by accident that Mazda has a special rearview mirror that has 3"x 3" (I think) square in the mirror that projects what the rear camera sees..thus avoiding having to get the nav system...I do believe that the roof line is too pronounce and yes I did have the same problem entering and exiting the car...I blamed it on the fact that I drive an Expedition 2005....and that is like getting in a house through the main door.

Old 05-25-2007, 10:45 AM
Default RE: Anoyances...Nav, Mirrors, Trip Computer

The safety features on the NAV Unit have to go. My portable let's me enter in new info while I'm driving, why shouldn'tthis built in unit? There's got to be a way to bypass it. There must be a wire that tells the unit that the car is in drive, or is moving. Who's got a wiring diagram or knows exactly how the unit knows you're in motion? (Could be inherent in the GPS unit itself)

My driver's mirror does the exact same vibrating thing, but not the passenger mirror.

Mirrors don't adjust with the memory seats. That's 1/3rd of the adjustments you have to make when switching drivers. It should be there. (1/3rd seat, 1/3rd outer mirrors, 1/3rd rear view mirror) That's just a dumb design.

No trip computer that shows at the very least Average MPG and HRS travelled.

Headlights in auto mode, make the door chime sound.

Old 05-25-2007, 11:30 AM
Default RE: Anoyances...Nav, Mirrors, Trip Computer

Hello forum... I work for a dealer and am looking into the mirror complaint... I've forwarded the issue to my factory rep... as soon as I get a reply I'll post it. Enjoy !

Old 06-04-2007, 02:34 PM

My biggest annoyance to date would be the nav system. The thing is just too darn complicated when it could be so much more simple in my mind. Believe you I am no techno geek but I can handle basic electronics and this is complicated to say the least. Also the lack of auto locking doors isnt right on a car of this price. Other then that very satisfied so far.

Old 06-04-2007, 02:56 PM

If you bring the car to the dealer.. they can program it to automaticaly lock...
The following function settings are possible. These settings can only be changed by an
Authorized Mazda Dealer. :
Lock/unlock operation confirmation beep sound
A beep sound is heard to confirm that all doors or
the liftgate have been locked/unlocked.
Autolock function
*2 When all doors and the liftgate are closed and the advanced key is being carried and out of operational range, all the doors and the liftgate automatically lock after 3 seconds.
(Even if the driver is in the operational range, all
doors and the liftgate are locked automatically
after about 30 seconds.)

Old 06-04-2007, 03:07 PM

imamgcx9,
Now that you drive one does the vibration in the outside mirrors bother you ?
Maybe I'm **** about it but it drives me nuts not to be able to identify what kind of car is behind me without looking into the inside mirror

Old 06-04-2007, 03:35 PM

The mirror not being totaly "stable" can be a bother... but ... I've found that since I "know" it does... that I dont "stare" into it... there's always likely to be something that gets on your nerves about just about anything... I have noticed it on each CX-9 I've driven... ... and I did mention it to my Mazda Rep... If something comes of it... I'll post it as soon as I know...

Old 06-04-2007, 05:41 PM

Thanks, and I'm doing the same thing "trying not to stare into it"
and at least I'm not the only one it bothers