Mazda CX-7 This sporty turbocharged 4 cylinder SUV combines the spirit of a performance car with the versatility of an SUV.

Turbo not spooling/ no acceleration

Old 01-08-2018, 10:23 PM
Default Turbo not spooling/ no acceleration

hello guys, I have a 2008 CX-7, was told that we needed a new turbo since the car had no power when accelerating, we have since replaced the turbo and still no power, still feels like the turbo isn’t spoiling. Then we were told that we needed to do a timing chain since chain was loose and supposedly jumped timing. We have just got done doing timing chains, guides, VVT solenoid, and tensioner, and still nothing. Anyone ever have this problem?

Old 01-09-2018, 02:43 AM
Super Moderator

Take it to someone who knows what they are doing. Ie Mazda.

Old 06-28-2018, 04:01 PM
Default Turbo loss

Next to the apart *** below your inquiry.... I'll tell you that the turbo needs air. Lots of air. The main thing it takes is air from the intake manifold vac line. It'll have a purge valve connected to it. And a little bypass that's white and black. Also the purge valve has a plug so it'll be easy to find. Connects to the brake booster. Problems occur in the turbo not spooling when theirs leaks. Check for vacuum leaks first. Goodluck

Old 08-08-2018, 11:08 AM

My '07 CX-7 runs good when I drive easy, but when I push more on the accelerator, the engine almost always alternately lunges and lets up. This is my 1st turbo and I don't know what to make of the lunging.
Has anyone solved this problem? BTW, Mazda just replaced some major parts of my front end, due to a Mazda recall. Incl an alignment. Thanks
Mike

Old 08-08-2018, 01:37 PM
Default Turbo lines blocked

Lines are blocked most likely. Not getting enough oil through to feed the turbo. The turbo lines circulate oil and that's what drives the vane inside the turbo itself. It relies on oil pressure as well. If these lines get blocked or bunged up you'll have issues with it surging like it's doing.

This usually comes from lack of oil changes and getting build up in lines/filter screens etc.... Your best bet is to baby it till your next oil change. For 1 week drive around in the car adding half a bottle of Seafoam liquid in the crankcase. It'll get into and run though all the sludge and break it down. Opening the lines and crap that's been built up over time. It may take a couple oil changes with this to free it up.

So a week before your gonna do the oil change. Add half a bottle. Then drive with it so it'll clean as you drive. Them do your oil change. Use synthetic oil. Keep it topped up checking once every two weeks or so. Month. Turbo's do burn oil. Not a biggy.

Also another good trick is right before an oil change. This one you don't drive with. But add about 300ml of trans fluid into the crankcase and let it idle before the oil change. Trans fluid is an amazing cleaner. Then drain your oil as normal.

Goodluck.

Worst case if the turbo is too far gone and those 2 things don't work. Rebuild. Or buy a new one off eBay. Their cheap.

Old 07-20-2019, 10:27 PM
Default Update?

Wonder if the OP found the problem? (I'm having the same here )