Mazda CX-7 This sporty turbocharged 4 cylinder SUV combines the spirit of a performance car with the versatility of an SUV.

MP3 connection to factory stereo

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 07:47 PM
Default MP3 connection to factory stereo

I want to connect my MP3 player, non-ipod, to my factory stereo, but am having issues finding an adaptor. I went to two different car stereo stores, but they were unable to find something. I have the Bose system in my car.

Old 12-09-2008, 09:46 PM
Default RE: MP3 connection to factory stereo

I'm not sure how well it works but I was told to get a Neo ProLink iPod/iPhone/iTouch Adapter. It's supposed to supply the text for the song on the vehicle's display. It isn't compatible with the sirrius radio installed. If you try it, let me know how it works.

Old 12-10-2008, 10:14 AM

I just got an I Pod Nano and the Mazda link cable.

But the Neo adaptor seems to be the best alternative if you wish to use a non-Ipod.

Old 01-06-2009, 02:02 PM

Hi all,
I'm a newbie to this forum, so let me apologize if i am asking something that has been discussed 1,000 times before. I have been all over the net reading about this, and most of the info i came upon was older- this site has newer posts, so maybe someone has a new idea for me. plus, after reading so much, i am more confused about this than ever
I have a 2007 grand touring model with tech package, bose stereo, satellite, and Navigation. as best i can tell, there is no way to hook up my mp3 (non-ipod) other than through an FM transmitter or RF modulater because the nav uses the aux input in the Head unit. so, if i am understanding right, there is no way to install another aux input? or any other way to be able to hear my mp3 with decent sound quality?
the sad truth is, i had a creative zen micro which worked great with the fm transmitter, seldom a squeal, but i got a better creative for christmas, the X-FI which i love, but i cant get thru a song using the transmitter without it going to static and then the horrible squeal. anyone out there have any ideas, and if so, talk to me like I'm slow, because this is all new to me. anything you suggest, will have to be done by an audio store because I am electronically challenged.

thanks,
J