Mazda CX-7 This sporty turbocharged 4 cylinder SUV combines the spirit of a performance car with the versatility of an SUV.

Mazda Headlights are dim

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2022, 09:57 AM
Default dim headlights

the ballast is going bad if your headlight are dim

Old 09-14-2022, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Kathi Blechinger
So, we ended up buying aftermarket headlights (whole housing) from an aftermarket company for about $400. The projectors in the original headlights were bad. Go figure thanks Mazda 🙄
Hello. Having the same issue with a 2011 I just bought for my daughter last month. New LED bulbs didn't fix it. Did buying new assemblies do the trick? Did you pay $400 each? I'm thinking of selling the car because of this. It's horrible.

Old 09-14-2022, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Kathi Blechinger
So, we ended up buying aftermarket headlights (whole housing) from an aftermarket company for about $400. The projectors in the original headlights were bad. Go figure thanks Mazda 🙄
Hello. Having the same issue with a 2011 I just bought for my daughter last month. New LED bulbs didn't fix it. Did buying new assemblies do the trick? Did you pay $400 each? I'm thinking of selling the car because of this. It's horrible.

Old 01-26-2023, 08:12 AM
Default 2008 CX-7 Dim Headlights

Did the H7 headlight adapter fix the dim headlights?

Old 01-26-2023, 06:25 PM

Did these adapters fix the dim low beam headlight problem? We are having the same issue with our 2008 CX-7. Thank you.

Old 02-23-2023, 06:03 PM

Check the retaining clip. For your headlight. Make sure it's still there and in the correct position. I had dim headlight issues too those clips get lost way too easy and then you need an entirely new headlight it's awful. Thanks mazda.

Old 03-02-2023, 09:17 AM

Hi, I have a 2015 CX-5 and one headlight has died, and the other is dim. I was going to take it to the dealer and ask for them to fix it. What should I expect to pay? Maybe I should take it to a local shop for alternative aftermarket options? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old 03-02-2023, 11:05 AM

You can expect to pay 4 to 600 each light. I would highly recommend getting aftermarket lights. But the main thing is making sure that retaining clip is in the right position and is still there that is the problem with the vehicle. And the design in general. Replaced with aftermarket fixture and be done with it

Old 03-05-2023, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Voluntary
You can expect to pay 4 to 600 each light. I would highly recommend getting aftermarket lights. But the main thing is making sure that retaining clip is in the right position and is still there that is the problem with the vehicle. And the design in general. Replaced with aftermarket fixture and be done with it
Thanks. So I took the CX-5 into my local mechanic, and he put in new bulbs to replace the dead one, and the dim one. Total was about $130.

Old 04-05-2023, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Luvmycx7
I have a 2012 Mazda CX7. I've had problem with dim headlights for about 4-5 years. I remember when it started, I had my passenger side dim headlight bulb changed at a quick lube. I had the bulb changed several times after that hoping it would fix the problem, it did not. This past week the dim light on the driver's side went out. I didn't want to pay $50 - $60 to have it changed, so I watched some videos and did it myself. That night I drove the car and it was like both were pointed straight down. I couldn't see anything. The next day I was going to throw away the old bulb ( I had put it in a box in my car and forgot to toss it). I pulled it out to look at it and notices there was an extension on the bulb I took out that wasn't on the new bulb. I realized that extension should go on the dim light. So, I replaced it and that night I was able to see the road! I checked my passenger side and it didn't have the extension. I ordered one from amazon (see attached picture) and will let you know if it fixes the other side. I will be pretty angry if it does...I bought new headlights 2-3 years ago to try and fix the problem, but it didn't. I've attached a pic of the extension. Stay tuned!

for
Did this fixed the issue?

Quick Reply: Mazda Headlights are dim