Mazda CX-7 This sporty turbocharged 4 cylinder SUV combines the spirit of a performance car with the versatility of an SUV.

LEDs

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2020, 03:08 PM
Default LEDs

What's a good brand for LEDs for the low beam headlights? I have a set but they're not very bright. And by "not very bright" I mean it seems like they're not even on when I'm driving at night.

Old 02-27-2020, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by cnovalles73
What's a good brand for LEDs for the low beam headlights? I have a set but they're not very bright. And by "not very bright" I mean it seems like they're not even on when I'm driving at night.

I was also a member that read your thread, but I do not use aftermarket lighting. I stopped a few decades ago when the factory headlights were more then antiquate and far superior to the vehicles manufactured in the 90's and older. What I dislike about the use of aftermarket LEDs is that increase distraction driving and at times make it harder for oppsing lanes to safely see "the big view" while driving on public roads and highways. Some of these LEDS are like driving around 100% of the time with high beams on.
This is why I for one did not respond on your thread. I am responding now because OF THE OTHER THREAD YOU STARTED SORTA PISSED ABOUT THIS FORUM AND MEMBERS NOT COMING TO YOUR AIDE!

Trust me if you start a thread asking for help and I think I can contribute to helping I will respond, time permitting, or if another member has not already posted information that i would only be duplicating.

btw.......
KOOL Avatar !

Old 02-27-2020, 01:53 PM
Thumbs up

The halogen bulbs that come in the Mazda (the CX-7 anyway) run too hot and cause oxidation on the inside of the lenses (front and rear) so for this reason and better visibility, I've opted to go with LED's. My lenses are as clean as I'm going to get them but still look awful so I have to get a new set, which I don't mind doing, but I don't want another set to get ruined; especially if I'm paying for them.

As for the avatar - thanks.

Old 02-27-2020, 04:00 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by cnovalles73
The halogen bulbs that come in the Mazda (the CX-7 anyway) run too hot and cause oxidation on the inside of the lenses (front and rear) so for this reason and better visibility, I've opted to go with LED's. My lenses are as clean as I'm going to get them but still look awful so I have to get a new set, which I don't mind doing, but I don't want another set to get ruined; especially if I'm paying for them.

As for the avatar - thanks.
Looks like you would be good at responding to your own thread?
When you find what works for you in your situation post up so others might consider to do the same.

Old 02-27-2020, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Callisto
Looks like you would be good at responding to your own thread?
When you find what works for you in your situation post up so others might consider to do the same.
Thanks but pass