Mazda CX-7 This sporty turbocharged 4 cylinder SUV combines the spirit of a performance car with the versatility of an SUV.

Cx7 wont start click noise

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 12:38 AM
Default Cx7 wont start click noise

Hello new to the forum i have a 2007 cx7 Mazda suv i drove it from Texas to Arkansas when i got to Ar it was making a noise by the belts and it smelled like when the car gets hot several days later it wouldnt start made a whrring noise couple times like the belts were locking up the it only mkakes a clicking noise when i try to start replaced baterry new! Took starter out had it checked at autopartssaid it was good and loosen the belts turned the pulleys checked all the fuses inside and under hood...still only a click around starter...can anyone help me with their exprience? Ty in advance

Old 07-29-2017, 04:26 PM

Does it click all the time? Or only when your trying to start it? I know the high-pressure fuel pumps in these things can be awfully loud... I would try getting a stethoscope and narrow down where the noise is coming from.

Old 07-30-2017, 09:42 PM
Default Thank you for taking the time

Originally Posted by WILLIAMCOLLINS1995
Does it click all the time? Or only when your trying to start it? I know the high-pressure fuel pumps in these things can be awfully loud... I would try getting a stethoscope and narrow down where the noise is coming from.
It clicks once tryng sounds like around starter area but doesnt try turning just a click and a buzz is heard like. (electrical buzz) i checked the belts and pulley see if they turn by turning with a wrench, im not sure if the ac one turns i dont see it turning,if ac compressor would be bad,would these be a cause for it not to even try to start?

Old 07-31-2017, 05:40 AM
Super Moderator

Easy thing is to remove the drive belt & try to start the vehicle.

Also try jump starting it directly off the starter motor.

Old 08-03-2017, 02:45 PM
Default Starter jump

Originally Posted by grim_reaper
Easy thing is to remove the drive belt & try to start the vehicle.

Also try jump starting it directly off the starter motor.
well i jumpstarted the starter and it engaged first time seemed and thought i was gonna start, fron there just hear the starter turn like is good ..when i put starter cable just whirling sound of starter but no turn on engine.i did remove starter to have it cheked and put it back on..any suggestions? Thank you

Old 08-04-2017, 04:58 AM
Super Moderator

You will need to also jump the starter solenoid to engage the starter motor to the flywheel.
This will only prove the starter is good & works, it won't start the car up, only turn the engine over.

(Re-reading your reply, I'm thinking the starter solenoid might be playing up. )