Mazda CX-7 This sporty turbocharged 4 cylinder SUV combines the spirit of a performance car with the versatility of an SUV.

Audio System Module Locations Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2023, 03:23 PM
Default Audio System Module Locations Help

Hi CX-7 Fans,

After a lengthy and exhaustive search of these forums as well as google posts, I am out of ideas - so I made an account to ask for help (rather than normally just lurk).

2011 CX-7 AWD Grand Touring (with bose, siriusxm, bluetooth and the nav up in the little 4" screen).

A couple of years ago, I pulled the factory radio and replaced with an aftermarket radio and aftermarket siriusxm module. I found the boem luetooth up in the passenger foot area side wall and disconnected him (just pulled the molex and let stay in place (since I was seeing both the aftermarket HU and the OEM bluetooth both advertising to be paired).

Recently, I have rediscovered my love for ham radio and put a VHF/UHF radio in the vehicle - and off-and-on there is a some kind of EMI interference across the VHF (140-150 mhz) band. In order to isolate the noise, I starting troubleshooting first to see if it is "car running or car off on aux" - and the emi remains in both conditions, I started pulling fuses - and it seems to be something on the audio circuit. Remove fuse, EMI gone.

So, further pulling - I disconnected the aftermarket headunit from the car's factory molex. I disconnected cables from the bose amp in the rear. I also pulled the DVD player/Overhead Light. Still noise.

So, next steps: Perhaps it is something in the original siriusxm or gps modules/

There's something under the passenger seat - that I think is the sirius because of the antenna connector type - because when I disconnected him - the GPS was still getting a fix. (and the emi didn't go away)

My question for the team:

Confirm what is under the passenger seat, and also confirm how to disconnect / power down the GPS that feeds the little 4" display. Since the memory card is to the left of that little display, I imagine the whole unit is there? And if so, how do I get behind it to pull its harness out and temporarily disconnect him?

And also, has anyone else seen this type of problem, and if so, how did you solve it?

Thanks!

John