Mazda CX-7 This sporty turbocharged 4 cylinder SUV combines the spirit of a performance car with the versatility of an SUV.

2011 Mazda Cx7 Coolant in Transmission Fluid

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2024, 10:05 AM
Default 2011 Mazda Cx7 Coolant in Transmission Fluid

Hi guys, today Im doing a trans fluid change on my cx7 with 225kms on it and noticed a bit of coolant in the fluid that I drain out
The Radiator has been replace a year ago, I heard that some mazda Oil Cooler have Trans fluid run thru it, could it be the gasket leak? I noticed some leak near the Oil cooler as well
If not what should be the reason for it?
Thanks in advance, My Oil cooler is the updated version btw

Old 04-24-2024, 10:21 AM

If you have coolant in your transmission oil and have a Transmision fluid warmer or cooler as many are mis identified, then if failing will introduce coolant in the transmission oil

The only way to get all the coolant that now has contaminated your transmission is to do a proper serving of fluid replacement with a professional grade transmission service equipment. Home DIY methods while some DIY and untrained mechanic claim will work does not do the complete fluid replacement needed.

However, the good news is ALL automatic transmission are vented so if you do remove 95& of the contaminated fluid the heat of the transmission during normal operation may remove the water through the vent. But I would not want to roll the dice on that hope!

Old 04-24-2024, 10:21 AM

Welcome to the forum

Old 04-24-2024, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Callisto
If you have coolant in your transmission oil and have a Transmision fluid warmer or cooler as many are mis identified, then if failing will introduce coolant in the transmission oil

The only way to get all the coolant that now has contaminated your transmission is to do a proper serving of fluid replacement with a professional grade transmission service equipment. Home DIY methods while some DIY and untrained mechanic claim will work does not do the complete fluid replacement needed.

However, the good news is ALL automatic transmission are vented so if you do remove 95& of the contaminated fluid the heat of the transmission during normal operation may remove the water through the vent. But I would not want to roll the dice on that hope!
Is there have anything to do with the radiator? I have a radiator leak a yeah ago and has been replaced.
I dont know for sure that my vehicle have that Transmision fluid warmer, I do know the part number is LF6W14700, Could u be able to confirm? If yes should I change the gasket or seal on it ? Thanks

Old 04-24-2024, 10:55 AM

That part number is for that part I was writing about.
Unfortunately it is not easy to determine if it was a seal that leaked the fluid exchange or the main unit itself. If when removed the seal is clearly broken then you may get lucky and only need to replace the seal. Other wise a lot of work to change the seal and have it be a bad transmission warmer.

The reason it is a warmer is so that the transmission will get the fluid up to operating temperature for the best operations of the transmission. They reason it is not a cooler is because transmission generally run and should run cooler then the engine coolant or at least equal the engine coolant temperature. So some that call that controlled heat equalization a cooler.
I don't. But that just me and I was paying attention in my "science" class in college having to do with thermal dynamic's.

Old 04-25-2024, 04:52 AM

Thanks for the input.
Does the trans fluid look abnormal aside the coolant ?

Old 04-25-2024, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by RyanHa
Thanks for the input.
Does the trans fluid look abnormal aside the coolant ?
Yes! ..