Mazda CX-60 This Plug-In Hybrid (PHEV) SUV is for folks who want to get out and go off-road while being environmentally friendly!

CX60 issues and observations

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2023, 11:40 AM
Cool CX60 issues and observations

I have had my CX60 since December 2022 and noticed a few things:
1) DAB radio does not always work after a switch-on/restart - can be cured by briefly switching to FM then back to DAB
2) The headlamp auto-main beam indicator dissapears sometimes - some times within a mile i have no icons (apart from sidelights icon which do seem to always be there) then i can have two-icons (auto-main and the blue main) then just the auto-main then just neither - confusing.
3) Is a pain that auto-hold has to be re-enabled for each journey/restart - most other cars bnow default this to on
4) The facial recognition is not great - moreoften than not doesn't recognise me - epsite re-training.

...but apart from that i love the car

Old 12-27-2023, 12:28 PM
Angry Many issues with my CX60 purchased Dec 2022

Whilst I love the look and styling of the CX60 and the SPORT mode is super impressive there are many issues with the car; in fact I believe Mazda released it for general sale too early and should have done more testing first!
Some of the issues I list below you may say are 'Trivial' but for the Mazda Flagship model I believe they should not be occurring!
Lumpy, Jerky Drive Train! - For me this is the WORST issue. Driving at low speeds in busy traffic can be very uncomfortable indeed and can also increase you driver stress level! When decelerating is lurches forward, when trying to gently accelerate it will jump or jerk. My passengers notice this too. Definitely NOT a smooth ride; not a patch on the smoothness of my old CX5. Again for this Flagship Model it lets in down immensely!
Steering - Hard to describe but is often feels 'Sticky' and needs to be continuously corrected. I found it was worst on NORMAL mode with the interval EV recharging enabled. Don't ask me how this can be. but it is noticeably worse.
Driver Personalisation - Often doesn't recognise me or if it does it stops halfway through.. Very frustrating.
Heads-Up Speed display - The UK has a Max Speed limit of 70MPH. My CX60 will display 80 quite often if it has not found a road sign to use. !!
Very Hard Suspension - I have to 20" Wheels which look fantastic but at the price of a softer smoother ride. Shame they didn't soften it a little.
Walk-Away Door Locking - Seems to be quite random when it does, or does not work!