Mazda CX-60 This Plug-In Hybrid (PHEV) SUV is for folks who want to get out and go off-road while being environmentally friendly!

collision settings

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2023, 10:11 AM
Default collision settings

my CX-60 is 3 months old i turned off the collision setting brake assistance as the radar kept "seeing" things that were not there ans braking for no reason however i now have to select this every time i turn on the car surely this should be one setting not every time ?

Old 12-11-2023, 12:20 PM

Welcome to the forum

Refer to your owner's manual it explains the operation and any adjustment details of you Mazda systems.

Old 12-27-2023, 11:47 AM

I have had this many times. It does upset some of my passengers when the Warning beeps scream out. I have also had the car jam on the brakes in the middle of a junction leaving me stranded at a busy road intersection! VERY bad as there was no danger present other than a person on an E-Scooter about 15 to 20 feet away going in the other direction!
The collision warnings also get worse when on narrow country roads with no curbs. Again my passenger get concerned and think I'm a poor driver (which I am Not!)
PaulN - UK

Old 12-27-2023, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by CX60MazdaMan
I have had this many times. It does upset some of my passengers when the Warning beeps scream out. I have also had the car jam on the brakes in the middle of a junction leaving me stranded at a busy road intersection! VERY bad as there was no danger present other than a person on an E-Scooter about 15 to 20 feet away going in the other direction!
The collision warnings also get worse when on narrow country roads with no curbs. Again my passenger get concerned and think I'm a poor driver (which I am Not!)
PaulN - UK
Welcome to the forum

If you do not understand how to make back operational adjustments and you feel that your Mazda is not acting correctly and based on your response, I highly recommend going to the nearest Mazda dealership and have you Mazda inspected ASAP because of the safety concern.

Old 12-28-2023, 02:10 AM
Default Numerous CX60 issues

Originally Posted by Callisto
Welcome to the forum

If you do not understand how to make back operational adjustments and you feel that your Mazda is not acting correctly and based on your response, I highly recommend going to the nearest Mazda dealership and have you Mazda inspected ASAP because of the safety concern.
Hi, I have made operational adjustments and shared all of these comments with my local Mazda dealership on a number of occasions. They have applied various fixes that have resolves some problems, but the ones I reported here are all still outstanding. My vehicle is scheduled to go back I to the dealer in a few week for further work, and I have just received a RECALL notice related to safety issues around the Drive Train.
So I'm not just trying to attack Mazda here, I genuinely want these issues to be resolved as I love my CX60 and want it to drive like a quality car should.
Thanks for you comments though and I hope your CX60 experience is better than mine. Regards

Old 02-21-2024, 10:08 AM

I am a UK owner and my Mazda CX60 PHEV has had all recalls and updates. On purchase, it was over sensitive and turning down the various safety settings only improved that marginally. However, there has recently been a specific recall for this problem and mine has been wholly tamed. I must diligently use my indicators to signal (else it will warn of lane departure), but that is probably a good thing if it encourages good driving habits.

Old 03-03-2024, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Noah4x4
I am a UK owner and my Mazda CX60 PHEV has had all recalls and updates. On purchase, it was over sensitive and turning down the various safety settings only improved that marginally. However, there has recently been a specific recall for this problem and mine has been wholly tamed. I must diligently use my indicators to signal (else it will warn of lane departure), but that is probably a good thing if it encourages good driving habits.
Hi

When did you have this done as I’m due to collect mine in a couple of weeks and want to make sure it’s done on mine.

Cheers Steven.

Old 03-03-2024, 09:27 AM
Default Hi, collision settings and Lane assist..

Hi, I use my CX60 to Tow a Caravan but I now have to turn off my lane assist as when towing on the Motorway, often when overtaking a truck or large lorry they can drift a little towards my lane, so as I have to compensate and move away from it the lane assist detects this and pulls me back towards the lorry I'm trying to overtake (which has drifted into or close to my lane! It is a bit disconcerting to feel the car suddenly pull me over to the left at this time! So I have to remember to switch lane assist off each time I start the car when I'm towing. Even with the settings on minimum, I don't like the way it pulls me to the left! I asked Mazda if there is s way to keep it switched off but they said there is no way to do it, so I have to do it every time I start up.

[
​​​​​​​
QUOTE=Noah4x4;223766]I am a UK owner and my Mazda CX60 PHEV has had all recalls and updates. On purchase, it was over sensitive and turning down the various safety settings only improved that marginally. However, there has recently been a specific recall for this problem and mine has been wholly tamed. I must diligently use my indicators to signal (else it will warn of lane departure), but that is probably a good thing if it encourages good driving habits.[/QUOTE]