Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wipers running in off position sometimes

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2022, 04:33 PM
Default Wipers running in off position sometimes

Hello,
I a 2019 CX-5. We've had a lot of rain this week, with localized flooding. On Tuesday I drove through a deep area of water. Maybe a foot or so. Additionally a car was in the opposite lane and when they drove by, the water cascaded over the car.

Since then, my wipers have been misbehaving. In auto, they kind of just go, as in there isn't really a delay. Or today they swiped once and then stopped despite heavy rain, until I turned it to full intensity. In the off position, it's a crap shoot as to what might happen.

If it's raining, and I turn the wipers off, they continue to swipe for another 5 cycles. Or if I hit the mist, it might just go once, might go for 5 or it might just keep going until turn the wiper switch on and then back off. Sometimes in the off position, when I first turn the car on, it swipes for 5 and stops; then again, it might just do what it's supposed to do and stay off.

I'm guessing something got wet that shouldn't get wet. Any ideas as to where I should start troubleshooting?

Thank you.

Old 07-17-2022, 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by TioG
Hello,
I a 2019 CX-5. We've had a lot of rain this week, with localized flooding. On Tuesday I drove through a deep area of water. Maybe a foot or so. Additionally a car was in the opposite lane and when they drove by, the water cascaded over the car.

Since then, my wipers have been misbehaving. In auto, they kind of just go, as in there isn't really a delay. Or today they swiped once and then stopped despite heavy rain, until I turned it to full intensity. In the off position, it's a crap shoot as to what might happen.

If it's raining, and I turn the wipers off, they continue to swipe for another 5 cycles. Or if I hit the mist, it might just go once, might go for 5 or it might just keep going until turn the wiper switch on and then back off. Sometimes in the off position, when I first turn the car on, it swipes for 5 and stops; then again, it might just do what it's supposed to do and stay off.

I'm guessing something got wet that shouldn't get wet. Any ideas as to where I should start troubleshooting?

Thank you.
Whats the mileage ? I see its a 19 - are you under 36k miles or have a extended VSA ? - if so take it to the dealer asap- get it diagnosed -

Old 07-17-2022, 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by diehard888
Whats the mileage ? I see its a 19 - are you under 36k miles or have a extended VSA ? - if so take it to the dealer asap- get it diagnosed -
no, I'm at 50k.