Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's your favorite thing about your CX-5?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2021, 02:37 PM
Default Video on hood struts cx5 2021

Originally Posted by schmieg
If you fit struts to an MX5, you have to watch that you don't get hit in the chin as that light, aluminum hood will jump right up by itself with the struts.
hi, where is the video on front hood struts?
also do u have link to the strut purchase site.
thank you

Old 10-27-2021, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Mazdagus
thank you
It's been several years since I put mine on the CX5 and MX5, but I think I got them on EBay.

Old 10-27-2021, 07:00 PM

thank you
Have these, very good quality and easy install.

http://www.redlinetuning.com

Search for Mazda CX-5 Hood QuickLIFT PLUS

Old 10-28-2021, 03:12 AM

What's your favorite thing about your CX-5?
2016.5 CX-5 GT AWD, here.

For the format (a "baby" SUV): it's a good amount of flexible space, above that of a typical sedan, but without over-doing it.

For the CX-5: it's fairly well-appointed and quiet, with full marks for simple reliability and relatively low cost of maintenance.

JMO

Old 10-28-2021, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Raprider
I know this is an old thread, but since I'm new to the CX-5...I love the Auto-Dim headlights in our 2016 GT!!!
I drive a lot of back country roads and flicking the high beams on and off can get tedious.
Same here, rural roads, and the the lights even dim when you come up on someone from behind. Nice feature.

Old 11-04-2021, 03:15 PM

Redline are the best.

Old 11-04-2021, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by GAsierra
2016.5 CX-5 GT AWD, here.

For the format (a "baby" SUV): it's a good amount of flexible space, above that of a typical sedan, but without over-doing it.

For the CX-5: it's fairly well-appointed and quiet, with full marks for simple reliability and relatively low cost of maintenance.

JMO
So any issues with the turbo etc? That's my biggest concern. How many clicks are these Mazda good for? My toyota ran for 350k and no issues whatsoever. My first Mazda cx5 turbo 2021.5 model. Will it last as long?

Old 11-04-2021, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by AZCX5
Have these, very good quality and easy install.

http://www.redlinetuning.com

Search for Mazda CX-5 Hood QuickLIFT PLUS
front hood bonnet lifts/struts. Yes the Redline model is much superior, but double the price at $120 US. The Chinese ones, are $50 Canadian. Not as nice because they only have one bolt holding the hood.
A utube video as shows a chap installing genuine Mazda struts, but i can't find them here online. Thanks for the tip i will install in summer.

Old 11-04-2021, 08:07 PM

front hood bonnet lifts/struts. Yes the Redline model is much superior, but double the price at $120 US. The Chinese ones, are $50 Canadian. Not as nice because they only have one bolt holding the hood.
A utube video as shows a chap installing genuine Mazda struts, but i can't find them here online. Thanks for the tip i will install in summer.
They are more expensive, but the quality is very high. I'm not a fan of hood struts failing while I'm under the hood working on my cars. You can buy a cheaper set and just use the mounting hardware and then just buy struts, But you won't really save much vs the complete Redline set. I believe Mazda no longer sells hood struts, couldn't find them anywhere on-line..

Old 11-04-2021, 08:11 PM

So any issues with the turbo etc? That's my biggest concern. How many clicks are these Mazda good for? My toyota ran for 350k and no issues whatsoever. My first Mazda cx5 turbo 2021.5 model. Will it last as long?
If you search around the forums you'll find very few comments about turbo-related issues. It's a Japanese car so expect very good reliability and durability. There are some threads about high mileage cars. Although, I suspect that some of the newer cars won't be as reliable as earlier cars due to all the high-tech stuff on them, just more electronics to fail.

Quick Reply: What's your favorite thing about your CX-5?