Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Welcome To The Mazda Family... The New CX-5!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2024, 12:26 PM
Angry Mazda CX-5, What problems!

Hi,I want to share my frustration with you to calm down a little. I purchased a 2020 CX-G GT in January 2021. At first everything was fine, but it didn't take long for problems to appear.
I noticed excess engine oil consumption.After some checks, they changed the engine. It is covered by warranty. The first engine had less than 50,000 km.

The timing belt rubs against the tensioner, it is almost finished just after a few months of changing the engine. the dealer refuses to admit that when changing the engine the belt was incorrectly installed.
I had to pay more than 800C$ to change the belt.

Just after that I start to see jumps when changing gears.We had to fight with the dealer to finally recognize that there was a transmission problem. They ended up changing my transmission.

Within a year, the engine and transmission were changed.

After that, the vehicle is slow to start. The dealer informed me that I need to change the oxygen sensors. I should pay almost $1000. Sensors of the new engine are defective, I should pay, no warranty on it.
I still drive it, and the vehicle is still slow to start.Now this is the key. The vehicle does not detect the key. To start the vehicle, I really have to stick the key to the START button.
I don't see the point in paying $45,000 for a vehicle and in 3 years you’ll get all the mechanical and electronic problems. I would not recommend the MAZDA CX-5.
I am verry disappointed.

Old 04-30-2024, 04:34 PM

The cars don't have timing belts, they have timing chains. Have you been getting all of this work done at the same exact dealership?

Old 04-30-2024, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by fred11
The vehicle does not detect the key. To start the vehicle, I really have to stick the key to the START button.
Have you replaced the FOB battery?
Being it's a 2020 if you haven't done that yet I'm surprised it starts at all.
My FOB battery lasted about 14 months and I had to replace the vehicle battery as well.
Other than that, the only problem I've had with mine was the recall for the lift gate module.
They replaced it but I never had an issue.
That said, anything made, assembled and inspected by humans will always run the risk of a "bad" one getting by.
Just ask Boeing, NASA, etc.