Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire pressure warning

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2023, 02:25 PM
Default Found it

The warning comes to the Inbox in the app. There is no option to get notifications for the Inbox. So, I guess I'm supposed to check the Inbox in the Mazda app to get a pretty important warning. Yeh.... makes a lot of sense. I can get a notification about an unlocked door but not for low tire pressure.

Old 11-06-2023, 02:47 PM

I hope you are not relying on your safety to get a cell phone notification!?

Old 11-06-2023, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Callisto
I hope you are not relying on your safety to get a cell phone notification!?

Of course not. And I shouldn't have to. There should be a warning which was corrected in the next model. I guess I'll just keep a gauge in my pocket at all times and check at every stop on a trip in case a leak has developed. Good thing I have a cell phone so I can call for help. Yes i could change a tire but I'm old and shouldn't have to. This isn't the 80s when warnings weren't given. So Mazda screwed up. They could fix it in the app by allowing the user to opt for a notification that there is an inbox message just like any other notification. But they've chosen not to. So, my question is answered. Also, My pressure does not have to get to 75% to get a warning.

Old 11-06-2023, 03:06 PM

WOW! so I guess you always check before you go on a road trip to make sure there is always cell and GPS reception?

I would say if you can't physically check your tires then with your Handicap plate or place card go to a Firestone and they will come out to your MAZDA and do it for free.

Old 11-06-2023, 03:14 PM

WOW! so I guess you always check before you go on a road trip to make sure there is always cell and GPS reception?

I would say if you can't physically check your tires then with your Handicap plate or place card go to a Firestone and they will come out to your MAZDA and do it for free.
LOL. "go to Firestone" ? If my tire is a problem, how would I do that. Walk for miles? Not physically possible. I think your comment about handicap placards is uncalled for. I do have one. Yes, before a trip I check tire pressure and fluids. Rarely am I without reception and when I am, I get a notification from my medical alert. Sorry not everyone desires to be a mechanic. That's why I bought an expensive NEW car and not a junker from a used car dealer. I certainly hope you stay healthy and able.

Old 11-06-2023, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by mmarshall
LOL. "go to Firestone" ? If my tire is a problem, how would I do that. Walk for miles? Not physically possible. I think your comment about handicap placards is uncalled for. I do have one. Yes, before a trip I check tire pressure and fluids. Rarely am I without reception and when I am, I get a notification from my medical alert. Sorry not everyone desires to be a mechanic. That's why I bought an expensive NEW car and not a junker from a used car dealer. I certainly hope you stay healthy and able.
Dude..... I can use the Handicap comment anytime I want

Also lets examine you as a member. Since you joined which thread have you started that was not some sort of thread complaining about your MAZDA?

LOL

Old 11-06-2023, 03:25 PM

That's the majority of posts on this forum. And half were questions. Sorry you're such and angry person. I found my solution. Have a nice evening.

Old 11-06-2023, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by mmarshall
That's the majority of posts on this forum. And half were questions. Sorry you're such and angry person. I found my solution. Have a nice evening.
Not majority but all the threads you started?
As for the 25 responses it not hard to speed read through them.. LOL
Oh trust me I am not an angry person. Not at all. I think some threads and members posts are just entertaining to say the least.

How you read what I say is not what the personality is. Thats another short coming people IMHO in general have when they do not talk ITRW . The cyber world protects them and allows for hidden personalities to surface.
Not with me , never learned the skill of masking how I am or hiding behind a keyboard. There are dozens of forum members all over the world that have my number know where I live and work and have even visited me.

Last edited by Callisto; 11-06-2023 at 03:59 PM.
Old 11-06-2023, 06:53 PM

First I suggest NOT making the mistake of comparing other PLATFORMS. This is often a bad idea and mistake. Automotive System Design Engineers are not shared between some sort of co-op between auto manufactures. LOL
As for your Mazda observations yes that would be common but also would be a factory pre-setting. If you change the psi and reset then it would not be at factory setting.

Many settings are preset from factory and if you all read your owner's manual really need to be set for your driving habits, environments and what your want to be alerted to?

That Oners manual is part of having all the information you need as a new responsible owner and also just to know how to operate your MAZDA.

I run SCCA and track tires at WeathertechRaceway (formaly Laguna Seca and also once called MAZDA Racingway) running my track tires at 12-18psi. I re-set my TPMS during the day of racing. If I forget to re-set the TSMS the light will almost immediately come on. Easy fix. Turn off engine ,turn to ignition position only and re-set the TPMS. At the end of the track day when the street tires are back on I re-set the TPMS again for drive home. I do re-check my tire pressure early in the morning confirming my choice of psi and do yet another reset of the TPMS.

The operative word here is RE-SET

I run depending on the ambientes and road condition and what and where I will be driving between cold 28psi and 38psi for my current choice of street tire.
This is why I rarely reply; my 36 years of experience as a mechanic (1985-2021) and had ASE Master at one point qualify me to have a valid opinion. Anecdotal evidence that supports the 25% as a criteria WOULD include other makes to be evidence of it being correct and the vast majority of owners are not going to need to adjust the value in the TPMS for extreme conditions so I keep things simple. If something is mandated then yes the engineers need to keep that in mind; in no way do I think they collaborate between various OEMs (barring partnerships) to come up with the same way to implement such.

"Specifically, the TPMS must warn the driver when the pressure in one or more of the vehicle’s tires is 25 percent or more below the vehicle manufacturer’s recommended cold inflation pressure, or a minimum level of pressure specified in the standard, whichever pressure is higher."

Source:TPMSfinalrule_6.pdf

On a lighter note I saw you also had a "Remove before flight" tag in one picture; I do as well plus "Pull to eject".

Old 11-07-2023, 08:43 AM