Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sirus XM issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2019, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by Segnet
I have had a CX5 Signature since December and just started having this Sirius XM issue this week. It has occurred 3 times. I have a service visit scheduled at the dealer next week. I will contact XM as well. Let’s hope someone can figure it out.
Good luck! My opinion / guess at this point is that it is a firmware issue in the CX 5. Just a guess as all the hardware for me was replaced and the issue continues, randomly and without any hint of what is causing it.

Old 09-24-2019, 02:42 PM

This same issue has happened (again) to my CX-5 three times in the past two weeks. Prior to this latest round, I had about two months of trouble-free XM. From the emails I have been receiving (advertising/promoting new channels, etc.), it appears SiriusXM is again making changes to it's signal and bandwidth. I am wondering aloud if maybe perhaps the XM receivers Mazda uses in our cars are just overly sensitive to the alterations to the XM signal. The hardware is not defective, just very sensitive. I live in the Northeast, so maybe it's the region???? Each time this has happened, whenever I've moved positions, and then turned the car back on, the signal is back to normal. I don't know, just screwy. This is just an uneducated wild-***-guess at this point. However, my wife has no XM signal issues whatsoever in her 2011 RAV4, so maybe . . . . . . .

Only thing I have to go on is that I have owned a number of cars over the years (since 1968). I recall the radios in some just being better able to pull in signals (though they were AM&FM bands) better than those in other cars.

Old 09-25-2019, 07:04 PM
Default 2019 CX-5 signature SiriusXM frozen not working

Hello. This is my first post. This last week sirius has not been working right in my car. Right now it is frozen on channel 10 with no music and I can’t change the channels. They sent a refresh signal’s and they say it’s a hardware issue. Has anyone found a solution to this yet? Thank you so much.

Old 09-25-2019, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Michelepap2
Hello. This is my first post. This last week sirius has not been working right in my car. Right now it is frozen on channel 10 with no music and I can’t change the channels. They sent a refresh signal’s and they say it’s a hardware issue. Has anyone found a solution to this yet? Thank you so much.
You might try disconnecting the negative cable to the battery for about ten minutes, then reconnecting and seeing if that causes the radio to reboot.

Old 10-03-2019, 02:58 PM

Hi all.. I've had all the same issues with my 2019 CX-5 (but did not have the stuck on Channel 10 issue)... If you go to the dealer or speak with SirusXM reference the Mazda Technical Bulletin TI-US-210-01-19 - Sirius XM Satellite Radio Function Not Available or Stops Working.. It was published 09/20/2019. It gives the details about the issue and that Mazda / SiriusXM are working on the issue. However; the root cause has not been found and there is no fix date. It does have a work around using Apple Car Play / Android Auto. Keep pushing on Mazda via the Customer Experience and / or you local dealer.

Old 10-17-2019, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by bbobbyb
Hi all.. I've had all the same issues with my 2019 CX-5 (but did not have the stuck on Channel 10 issue)... If you go to the dealer or speak with SirusXM reference the Mazda Technical Bulletin TI-US-210-01-19 - Sirius XM Satellite Radio Function Not Available or Stops Working.. It was published 09/20/2019. It gives the details about the issue and that Mazda / SiriusXM are working on the issue. However; the root cause has not been found and there is no fix date. It does have a work around using Apple Car Play / Android Auto. Keep pushing on Mazda via the Customer Experience and / or you local dealer.

Thanks. The XM issue continues on my CX5 every few days ... when it happens at start up XM will not load or the radio reboots and loses XM. Spoke to my dealer today and gave them the info on the service bulletin. Waiting to hear back.

Old 10-21-2019, 09:03 PM

I'm currently having the exact same problem in my 2019 CX-9 GT. I too have contacted Sirius and they say the equipment needs to be replaced. I've had it to the dealer and they performed an upload and reboot to the system and it happened to me on the way home from the service appointment and twice since and that was just a week ago. They say they are currently working with Mazda to see if there is a fix for the problem.

Old 10-25-2019, 06:15 PM

I live in California and have a CX-5 Signature with about 3 weeks to go in my trial period. I've experienced this problem in the last couple of weeks. Either the endless searching for stations or No Connection. Finding this forum is my first action. Will be watching. After I subscribe to SiriusXM, if I still have the problem, will update the forum.

Old 10-26-2019, 07:58 AM
Default Update

I did hear from my service adviser at the dealership. He stated that Mazda is aware of the problem and they expect a software fix in mid-December. He also wanted to know the model of my phone and software release that it was on. I thought that was odd since this problem happens with or without the phone being in the car. I'll keep you all posted.

Old 10-26-2019, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by Pyrotec
I did hear from my service adviser at the dealership. He stated that Mazda is aware of the problem and they expect a software fix in mid-December. He also wanted to know the model of my phone and software release that it was on. I thought that was odd since this problem happens with or without the phone being in the car. I'll keep you all posted.
I appreciate you keeping us posted.

Quick Reply: Sirus XM issue