Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Sirus XM issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2019, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by skyking
Loose wire my ***. At this point, I believe they are yanking your chain, and I am wavering between frustrated and pissed-off. I was hoping that perhaps a new antenna would fix this issue; then at least we'd all have something to go on. As I've reported earlier, forums from other manufacturers (Honda and Subaru specifically) indicate that replacing the SiriusXM hardware (receiver, harnesses, antenna, you-name-it) solves nothing. Meanwhile, at Technical Central, "A" (Matthew) knew nothing about "B" (Josh), which tells me that SiriusXM is likely not taking this issue all that too seriously (I'd say Sirius-ly, but I am not in a humorous mood right now). I would think they'd want to collaborate since the same issue is showing up in two different vehicles. Guess not. Anyway, I have not had a repeat since Iast Friday but I have driven very little since then; I did not use my car at all today (I am retired-not that that matters). Josh wants me to call when/if I have a repeat, which I surely will, but I suspect it is going to be the old signal refresh, followed by their deduction that the radio is at fault. Thinking about this also brings to my mind two small issues which sort of complicate things on my end: 1.) my wife has SiriusXM in her 2011 RAV4 (listens to it continuously) and has not had the least hint of any problem (now or in the past 8 years), and 2.) I had SiriusXM in my 2017 Mazda CX-3 which I owned for 2 1/2 years. Never any issue there either. So I am stumped, but I am still strongly leaning toward this being a SiriusXM issue. If this channel disappearing act continues to manifest itself from time-to-time, I will just cancel my subscription and have them add it to my wife's subscription.
Thank you again for the excellent feedback, it is very helpful! the issue occurred again this morning, I'm currently working with both the dealership and XM technical support for a successful resolution to this. I will keep you posted. I will continue to call XM as often as possible. Please let me know if any new follow up on your end occurs, Especially if you close your account and subscribe again via your wife's account, let me know if you do that and it works... The feedback is most helpful thank you again I really do appreciate it!!

Old 06-18-2019, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by SnowFrog4
Thank you again for the excellent feedback, it is very helpful! the issue occurred again this morning, I'm currently working with both the dealership and XM technical support for a successful resolution to this. I will keep you posted. I will continue to call XM as often as possible. Please let me know if any new follow up on your end occurs, Especially if you close your account and subscribe again via your wife's account, let me know if you do that and it works... The feedback is most helpful thank you again I really do appreciate it!!

Hi! I'm still having the satelite radio issue. If at all possible, can you please call Mr. Peter Lomando at Open Road Mazda of East Brunswick New Jersey? He is the service manager over there. His phone number is 732-257-5300. He would greatly appreciate the chance to discuss the radio issue you're having. He's trying to gather information to relay to Mazda, any information would be most helpful. if you can call him I would greatly appreciate it, thank you so very much!!

Old 06-19-2019, 01:02 PM

Sure, I'll be happy to contact him. My three-month free trial (of full-access) expires next week. I am very curious if the subscription change (to XM Select) will have any effect.

Old 06-19-2019, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by skyking
Sure, I'll be happy to contact him. My three-month free trial (of full-access) expires next week. I am very curious if the subscription change (to XM Select) will have any effect.
Thank you! My name is Bill. Greatly appreciate your help.

Old 07-22-2019, 02:25 PM

Anybody have an update on this? Just bought a 2019 CX-5 GTR and it does this at least 50% of the time the car starts. Unbelievable frustration.

Old 07-22-2019, 03:25 PM

I spoke to the Service Manager at a NJ dealership who was working on the issue with Mazda. The belief remains that this is a SiriusXM problem. In my specific instance, the problem has not reappeared since the free trial ended.

Old 07-23-2019, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by jdawg0131
Anybody have an update on this? Just bought a 2019 CX-5 GTR and it does this at least 50% of the time the car starts. Unbelievable frustration.
Sorry to hear about this. My issue occurs about every 4 days give or take... I'm working with the dealer. I suggest calling Mazda customer service and start a case with them. Please keep us updated on your situation.

Old 07-23-2019, 03:43 PM

I was having this problem on average once a week. I went ahead and subscribed to a year of SM. Haven't had a problem since (now 4 weeks).

Old 09-18-2019, 10:38 AM

Hi, for anyone still having this issue, please contact Sirus XM Corporate Solutions at 855-619-2872, select option #3 and then reference case number 190813-065276. This is the case number that I have going with them. They have escalated this on going issue to their engineers and perhaps they would benefit from any further details you may be able to provide.

thanks very much!

Old 09-20-2019, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by SnowFrog4
Hi, for anyone still having this issue, please contact Sirus XM Corporate Solutions at 855-619-2872, select option #3 and then reference case number 190813-065276. This is the case number that I have going with them. They have escalated this on going issue to their engineers and perhaps they would benefit from any further details you may be able to provide.

thanks very much!
I have had a CX5 Signature since December and just started having this Sirius XM issue this week. It has occurred 3 times. I have a service visit scheduled at the dealer next week. I will contact XM as well. Let’s hope someone can figure it out.

Quick Reply: Sirus XM issue