Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

SD Nav Card

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2020, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by BWJ
Guess why sd cards are so expensive at retailer, it is because so many pirate cards are bought.
Do you feel that somehow by making a comment on this that it will change people's behavior concerning 'proper' SD cards?

Old 08-24-2020, 10:14 AM

What is the Amazon part # for the SD card that works in the 2020 CX5 Grand Touring. Everything I can find on Amazon says they will NOT work in a 2020. The latest one I could find would only work up to the 2019 model CX-5

Old 08-24-2020, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by 9O.,NQi&
What is the Amazon part # for the SD card that works in the 2020 CX5 Grand Touring. Everything I can find on Amazon says they will NOT work in a 2020. The latest one I could find would only work up to the 2019 model CX-5
I purchased a "K" card (BHP1 66 EZ1K) on Amazon a couple of months ago for our 2020 CX-5 that works beautifully. The particular seller no longer has it listed, but others do at around $55. Just make sure it's a new one, not used.

I understand there's an "L" card available now, though I don't see any on Amazon yet. But the "K" card works fine in a 2020 and you get 3 free map updates with it.

Old 09-04-2020, 02:02 PM

I ordered, and received the "K" card from Amazon. Arrived in an envelope with nothing else. I did get it installed in the car--with the ignition OFF as suggested-- and the Nav system came up and works perfectly. It just takes a little getting used to the different way it operated from my Gramin stand alone unit.

I do have one question that someone may be able to answer. The Amazon information says the SD card includes ;three free upgrades" does anyone know how to do this or hs successfully done it? Any help would be appreciated.

Old 09-05-2020, 06:16 AM
Super Moderator

You need to download an app from Mazda, register your car, insert the SD card into your computer and go from there.
Visit the Mazda website for your country and search Navigation update.

Old 09-05-2020, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by 9O.,NQi&
I ordered, and received the "K" card from Amazon. Arrived in an envelope with nothing else. I did get it installed in the car--with the ignition OFF as suggested-- and the Nav system came up and works perfectly. It just takes a little getting used to the different way it operated from my Gramin stand alone unit.

I do have one question that someone may be able to answer. The Amazon information says the SD card includes ;three free upgrades" does anyone know how to do this or hs successfully done it? Any help would be appreciated.
Have you read the posts in this thread? I suggest you do so. Pay particular attention to #8.

Now, go here and enter the details of your CX. https://infotainment.mazdahandsfree....nguage%3Den-US

Click on Navigation on the menu bar neat the top. Now you'll see Update My Maps near the bottom, click on Learn More. Now you're in the section to download the Mazda Toolbox. Get the version that you need (PC or Mac) and away you go. There's also a link on the page to detailed instructions.

Have at it.

Old 12-30-2021, 03:15 PM

Other then navigation, what other functions did it provide you? Showing you current speed limit? Anything else?

Old 03-08-2022, 05:29 PM

Ok - Big tech rookie question (s) ....Regarding this SD card , - I have an apple phone ...strike 1 - and I use waze which comes up in color and works well - If I get this SD card ..do I need to use my phone as well for net acess ?...and will the SD card navigation operate better with the " infotainment" system - with waze its a bit difficult to use the other features , radio etc - ? I suppose the question is ...whats the big advantage / is Mazda navi any good -
Many Thanx

Old 03-08-2022, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by diehard080
Ok - Big tech rookie question (s) ....Regarding this SD card , - I have an apple phone ...strike 1 - and I use waze which comes up in color and works well - If I get this SD card ..do I need to use my phone as well for net acess ?...and will the SD card navigation operate better with the " infotainment" system - with waze its a bit difficult to use the other features , radio etc - ? I suppose the question is ...whats the big advantage / is Mazda navi any good -
Many Thanx
Only you can answer this question. The SD nav is completely internal, so no wifi or phone access needed. All the maps are on the card. I personally use Android Auto over the Mazda SD nav as its a lot easier to use and more accurate in my experience. I say try Car Play in yours and see how you like it. Some on here complain the lack of a touch screen makes it less than ideal. I don't have this complaint as it works great with voice commands and the jog wheel on the console. What I do like about having the Mazda nav card is it displays speed limits on the HUD and gauge cluster along with stop signs. Also, if you use the Mazda nav for directions they show up in the HUD as well which is pretty slick. I don't know if your CE has the HUD. I suspect it does not.

Old 03-09-2022, 10:06 AM

I personally use Google Maps, but have the Nav card as a backup at only $60. The plus with the Nav card is turn by turn directions show up in the HUD as well as adding sign recognition. Google Maps is more up-to-date and includes traffic and speed trap information. For $60 it was an easy decision to have both.

Quick Reply: SD Nav Card