Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Rotors

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2021, 02:00 PM

I would say asking for warranty replacement on this issue is a little over the top. You are the first one I have heard with the issue. My 19 has just under 20k miles and the rotors are in great shape. I am in Georgia and rarely if ever drive on salted roads. I am in the camp with others here who suspect chemicals caused the damage. Mazda wouldn't be liable for that type of thing as it isn't expected for the rotors to be exposed to this material. I seriously doubt other manufacturers would cover it either. I assume this car is outside all the time?

As am aside- if you really "don't want the car" anymore I would suggest trying to sell it to Carvana. They are offering crazy $$$ on low mileage newer cars. My leased '19 GT could be sold for my payoff today if I wanted to. Pretty hard to do with most leases that have 12mths left.

Last edited by chickdr19; 05-07-2021 at 03:36 PM.
Old 05-07-2021, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by chickdr19
I would say asking for warranty replacement on this issue is a little over the top. You are the first one I have heard with the issue. My 19 has just under 20k miles and the rotors are in great shape. I am in Georgia and rarely if ever drive on salted roads. I am in the camp with others here who suspect chemicals caused the damage. Mazda wouldn't be liable for that type of thing as it isn't expected for the rotors to be exposed to this material. I seriously doubt other manufacturers would cover it either. I assume this car is outside all the time?
I ALMOST FEL OF MY STOOL... WE (mostly) AGREE! HAHAHAHA!
WHERE IS THE THUMBS UP EMOGI ?
************************************************** ************************************************** *****************
Responding comments from other I read......

I really like one member suggestion to duplicate the the environment on other cars..... hahahahaha! REALLY?

And comparing aluminum to steel talking about BRAKE ROTORS . hhmmm an aluminum car rotor hhmmmm lol again REALLY?

Here is the other thing.... MAZDA has the rotors manufactures in 4 different countries for almost all their model vehicle's. They ship these to all the plants. So what are the odds of getting both front and rear manufactured in the same plant at about the same time and then ALL ending up on one or all axles? Makes you go HMMMMMM?

Did any else not see that other painted chassis parts were also deteriorating form the operating environment?

Best thing the OP can do is calmly and diplomatically talk to the service manager and or sales manager of the dealership the MAZDA was purchased from and see if they are willing to do a one time customer satisfaction "REPALCEMENT of the rots and pads. NOTICE I DID NOT SAY WARRANTY..... cuz in my humble opinion as hundreds or more brake jobs not to mention my own BBK kits I engineered and sell this is NOT a warranty issue I can see from the poorly recorded video.

I might also add that although some of you know I am a fanatic about keeping my car clean which includes the under side living close to RENO and going over the mountain several time during winter months with the treated roads and high way even on my car frequently and always rinsing or washing the underside after a trip It still show tale tail sign of road chemical damage on some of my undercarriage parts.

Old 05-07-2021, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Callisto
I ALMOST FEL OF MY STOOL... WE (mostly) AGREE! HAHAHAHA!
WHERE IS THE THUMBS UP EMOGI ?
************************************************** ************************************************** *****************
Responding comments from other I read......

I really like one member suggestion to duplicate the the environment on other cars..... hahahahaha! REALLY?

And comparing aluminum to steel talking about BRAKE ROTORS . hhmmm an aluminum car rotor hhmmmm lol again REALLY?

Here is the other thing.... MAZDA has the rotors manufactures in 4 different countries for almost all their model vehicle's. They ship these to all the plants. So what are the odds of getting both front and rear manufactured in the same plant at about the same time and then ALL ending up on one or all axles? Makes you go HMMMMMM?

Did any else not see that other painted chassis parts were also deteriorating form the operating environment?

Best thing the OP can do is calmly and diplomatically talk to the service manager and or sales manager of the dealership the MAZDA was purchased from and see if they are willing to do a one time customer satisfaction "REPALCEMENT of the rots and pads. NOTICE I DID NOT SAY WARRANTY..... cuz in my humble opinion as hundreds or more brake jobs not to mention my own BBK kits I engineered and sell this is NOT a warranty issue I can see from the poorly recorded video.

I might also add that although some of you know I am a fanatic about keeping my car clean which includes the under side living close to RENO and going over the mountain several time during winter months with the treated roads and high way even on my car frequently and always rinsing or washing the underside after a trip It still show tale tail sign of road chemical damage on some of my undercarriage parts.
We completely agree . I was also thinking maybe a goodwill replacement if the dealer is feeling nice.