Mazda Tribute This low-priced SUV allows the driver the versatility of an SUV without the big fuel bill of many of the vehicles in the SUV class.

Recall Mazda Tribute Rotors

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 10:31 PM
Default Recall Mazda Tribute Rotors

Dont waste your time with mazda like i did, contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration www.nhtsa.dot.gov and file a complaint on your mazda defects. I have a 2002 mazda tribute, and this is the second time i am having to replace the rotors, the first rotors and brake pads were replaced at 17,000 miles, now 10,000 miles later with 27,000 miles here we go again, warped rotors. mazda like most manufactures will deny, and not take any responsibilities to fix your vehicle, unless you file a complaint to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration compiles the complaints, and are the ones to force the manufacture to issues recalls and remedy known problems the dealer keeps denying they are aware of. Besides the rotors this has been the most unreliable vehicle, i wasted my money on. This is the last mazda i will ever purchase. Buyer beware, check the website i posted and you can view all the complaints, issues and recalls affected with your vehicle

Old 08-04-2006, 04:45 PM
Default RE: Recall Mazda Tribute Rotors

I replaced my rotors/pads on my 2002 after about 24,000 miles with a set of Raybestos Performance Grade. I now have about 22.000 miles on them and they show little sign of wear. I figured if the OEM stuff was marginal at best would Mazda replace them with the same crap? I did the work myself and did not spend that much money. They also are less dusty than the originals too.

Of course I did this after reading about others with rotor problems.

Old 10-20-2006, 03:55 PM

At 29,000 miles, I've been told that my rotors need to be replaced on my 2002 Mazda Tribute. I talked to my regular garage, and they said that the Tribute rotors were engineered too thin from the start, and this is a persistent problem with them. I would agree that this is something that should be recalled. Anyone else have this trouble?

Old 01-28-2007, 12:50 PM

Mazda offered to pay for the rotors if I had the work done at a dealership. It wasn't much cheaper than having my local mechanic replace the rotors. Since I am not interested in have another crappy pair of Mazda rotors put in, I declined their offer and instead filed a complaint with the NHTSA.

Old 03-15-2007, 02:35 PM

Mazda strikes again. I have a 2003 Tribute with 56,000 miles. When I got new tires, the Goodyear said I needed new brakes. I took it back to Mazda and they agreed. They also said I needed new rotors. I couldn't believe it. Now that I've searched the forums, I guess I do. But I am amazed that they lasted to 56,000 miles. The Tribute has been a great vehicle and my wife loves it, but thisexpensive nuisanceshould have been avoided at thefactory/engineering level. Zoom Zoom, the money flies out of my wallet fast!

Old 03-19-2007, 03:48 PM

Since there's really nothing specifically Mazda about the Tribute, I wonder if the Ford Escape crowd has had the same results?

Old 07-31-2007, 05:38 PM

I have a 2001 Tribute. I am now getting ready to put on the 4th set of rotors with only 71,000 miles on my car!
I am no longer going to mess with the Mazda rotors as they are apparently a piece of crap. I am going to try Brembo rotors with Akebono brake pads and hope that they'll last longer. Otherwise, I have had no real problems with this vehicle, but the rotors/brakes have cost me significantly!

Old 08-01-2007, 09:09 AM

My Raybestos set of rotors/pads has held up very well. I have used them on other cars and will continue to do so. They do reduce the wheel dust noticably.

Old 08-07-2007, 05:54 PM

My 2004 has the original rotors and they are still in spec, according to the Mazda "Full Circle" service check-up when I got the recall fixed two weeks ago. Mine has 31,000 miles on it. The pads look about half-worn, which is to be expected. I wonder if they upgraded the rotors and pads due to the numerous complaints...?

I also wonder if Mazda regrets the heavy Ford influence in the Tribute. Well, who am I kidding, it is a Ford. Anyway, they are stuck fixing all of the Ford-like problems and recalls of the early models. I wonder if Mazda ever turned a profit on the Tribute. I am very, very pleased with mine and have had only the sway bar links go bad so far. I love it.

Old 12-05-2007, 01:51 AM

Dos anyone know what is the minimum thickness of brake rotor>>>I have 170 000km on and I am getting about 2mm of extra material on the O.D.>>outside diameter.
replaced the padsmyself , it is easy for hands on guy.

Quick Reply: Recall Mazda Tribute Rotors