Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Recommended Tire Pressure - 38PSI

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2022, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by AZCX5
Agree, check tire pressure when tires cold. What can throw off readings is when one side of the car has been in direct sunlight all day, those tires willl read slightly higher than the shady side. Esp in the AZ sun!
Originally Posted by schmieg
I hear you. I've spent a lot of time in that state - broiling in the summer in the southern part and freezing in blizzards around Flagstaff in the winter.
I live in Lincoln Ca and in my community the ambientes during the summer have and do exceed 110F. At times if I leave my vehicles parked the sun on one side and then get on the highway, I can feel how the car tracks a tiny bit on the side that was sitting with the sun warming the air and increasing the tire psi. and which the steering needs to be very slightly corrected for a few minutes of driving until the tire all even out to increased air pressure from driving where most of the heat generated is not radiated off the tarmac.

On my other car I have an aftermarket Tire pressure monitor and can actually what how different condition can change the tire psi. in each tire. While driving it is very rare to see all the tire the same psi from the starting of any drive out of the garage or early morning do direct sunlight on the tires.

Old 01-04-2022, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Callisto
On my other car I have an aftermarket Tire pressure monitor and can actually what how different condition can change the tire psi. in each tire. While driving it is very rare to see all the tire the same psi from the starting of any drive out of the garage or early morning do direct sunlight on the tires.
My Jeep has the tire pressure monitor. I adjust the pressure in the garage when the tires are cold with an electric pump that digitally takes them to a preset pressure. When I first start driving, the tires are all within 1 psi of the preset and they seem to stay within 1 psi of each other throughout the drive, but they will increase in pressure up to 3 or 4 psi during it unless it is very, very hot out when they may go up 4 or 5 psi. That vehicle is running Wrangler Duratracs which probably generate more heat while moving than the Michelins on my Mazdas.

I do have to check pressures after the vehicles go into service though. While the Jeep dealer seems to do ok, I have noticed that Mazda will sometimes lower the pressures on the CX5 from the 36 psi shown on the door jamb to 32 and raise the pressures on the MX5 from the 29 shown on the door jamb to 32. One of the mechanics there has 32 psi hardwired into his brain. The CX5 will often indicate low pressure on the dash as I am leaving the shop.

Old 01-04-2022, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by schmieg

I do have to check pressures after the vehicles go into service though. While the Jeep dealer seems to do ok, I have noticed that Mazda will sometimes lower the pressures on the CX5 from the 36 psi shown on the door jamb to 32 and raise the pressures on the MX5 from the 29 shown on the door jamb to 32. One of the mechanics there has 32 psi hardwired into his brain. The CX5 will often indicate low pressure on the dash as I am leaving the shop.
The inherent problem universally is always the accuracy of the testing pressure gauge used. I have a dozen or so and my Longacre which I have calibrated about every 2 years is what I use to know how the other gauges are off for accuracy. Very few gauges seem to be spot on with their readings.
I found this quote looking for one of my posted pictures on this very thread I did on 11-19-2020.

I might add don't assume that the tire gauge you are using is accurate. Check your tire pressure with at least a couple different gauges or find a gauge that is certified to be accurate.

These are only a few that I just garbed in my garage just to pictures. Yes, there are cheap ones in there, but I have one gauge in the picture that is calibrated perfect. It is simple math to adjust the reading to what the tire pressure actually is based on comparing the one that has true verified reading. BTW the pencil gauges are not as bad as everyone thinks however those little round gauges are pretty much the worst. If you are going to get one, I recommend the Craftsmen Digital as
pictured.

Old 01-06-2022, 12:52 PM

I think you miss learning points, FACT you should always adjust the proper tire pressure shown in the auto manufactures tag in the door jam, the best time early morning before any traveling is done with no direct sun on any of the tires. Once this is done if you have no punctures in the tire or leaking wheel/rims and Schrader valve is in good condition with a cap and O-ring sealing properly your tire pressure should maintain the proper tire pressure for months!

I just went into a little more detail explanation that went right over your head.

ASE
Not at all my man. You have to look at the question which WAS asked by bobm, not the question you THINK was asked....

Go back and read the question I answered. It is all about reading comprehension....

"Here's a question for you guys. Ok, let's say it's 20 degrees outside in the morning. You set your tire pressures accordingly. You drive around a bit, then go home/work for some hours. So, it's now 2pm in the afternoon and the temps are ~ 40 degrees outside. Does anyone/should you readjust the tire pressures to accommodate that rise in ambient temperature?"

So what did bobm ask?

He asked if you should adjust your tire pressures more than once a day if the temperature is 20F in the AM and 40F in the PM (to account for the ambient temperatures effect on PSI changes inside the tire). Nothing went over my head....

Old 01-06-2022, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by chickdr19
Not at all my man. You have to look at the question which WAS asked by bobm, not the question you THINK was asked....
Go back and read the question I answered. It is all about reading comprehension....

So what did bobm ask?

He asked if you should adjust your tire pressures more than once a day if the temperature is 20F in the AM and 40F in the PM (to account for the ambient temperatures effect on PSI changes inside the tire). Nothing went over my head....
Look I think most would agree i answered the question in more detail > I can't help that you don't understand my responses.
Go back and read the question I answered. It is all about reading comprehension or lack of when it come to you on this forum many times! See.... post #33

bobm in reality asked a partial hypothetical question with very little information, or actually a lot of missing information. So, I picked up the ball and gave a more complete and detailed responses to the question. GET IT!!!! By the way how about you go back to the beginning of this thread and learn a little on the subject or tire pressure.

Last edited by Callisto; 01-06-2022 at 02:32 PM.
Old 01-06-2022, 02:29 PM

deleted double posting

Old 01-10-2022, 03:21 PM

Look I think most would agree i answered the question in more detail > I can't help that you don't understand my responses.
Go back and read the question I answered. It is all about reading comprehension or lack of when it come to you on this forum many times! See.... post #33

bobm in reality asked a partial hypothetical question with very little information, or actually a lot of missing information. So, I picked up the ball and gave a more complete and detailed responses to the question. GET IT!!!! By the way how about you go back to the beginning of this thread and learn a little on the subject or tire pressure.
Hi Callisto,
My question was a simple one (or so I thought) as it is an almost daily occurrence where I live -NE/NJ a good part of the year. Get up early, check and fill the tires at a given temp and later with the car still sitting there, the ambient temps could rise 20-30 degrees. So it seems just leave it be. No racing concerns, just simple average driving.

Old 01-10-2022, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by bobm
Hi Callisto,
My question was a simple one (or so I thought) as it is an almost daily occurrence where I live -NE/NJ a good part of the year. Get up early, check and fill the tires at a given temp and later with the car still sitting there, the ambient temps could rise 20-30 degrees. So it seems just leave it be. No racing concerns, just simple average driving.
For just daily driving... You adjust when cold and not influenced by the sun. Then leave it.
If you have no sealing concerns "known" the tire pressure should remain constant for months! Maybe longer?

HA! when you tossed in the question about temperature's as you did, members IMHO that do not understand tire pressure in general went into a tailspin, and especially with my responses.

Only one example because it is MAZDA related......I have digital photo records of taking my tire pressures between the 5k miles rotations. If I don't manually adjust them for "PLAY" they're the same every 2-4 months.

Old 01-10-2022, 10:48 PM

It may be your weather.... My tire pressures fluctuate quite a bit in the Atlanta area. Always has in the cars I have had over the years. I need to check them monthly to stay in the recommended range (as you should do anyway). I understand the fundamentals of tire pressure quite well. It isn't rocket science. LOL

Old 01-11-2022, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by chickdr19
It may be your weather.... My tire pressures fluctuate quite a bit in the Atlanta area. Always has in the cars I have had over the years. I need to check them monthly to stay in the recommended range (as you should do anyway). I understand the fundamentals of tire pressure quite well. It isn't rocket science. LOL
ROLMAO,,, no you don't. No one and specifically me said that tire pressure does not fluctuate. but.... not going to repeat what seems not to compute with you.. GO RE_READ THIS THREAD and learn something . LOL Or keep posting ...you only support the not knowing part. LOL

Quick Reply: Recommended Tire Pressure - 38PSI