Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Rear Brakes worn with under 13,000 miles....

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2022, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by chickdr19
If G-vectoring uses the brakes as you drive to aid in cornering how would it not wear the brakes faster? This isn't logical. If the brakes can be applied by the car without you even knowing it or hitting the brake pedal, it certainly would increase wear, especially if you drive aggressively which should induce the system to intervene more often.
Like I said its physic's and how brake bias is engineered into any vehicle's system.

When I engineer a front BBK I need to account for the engineering factory brake bias (this is why you do not see many BBK for rears) and whatever stability control systems they have and what effect it will have on brake bias. MAZDA did this as well and it does not mean that the rear will in normal driving wear faster than the front.

Old 10-24-2022, 12:40 PM
BWJ
Old 10-24-2022, 03:31 PM

Good info, hopefully some will this and understand it completly.

There is some key information therein that write up "ALL" pads may wear at different rates and example is referenced oval track. ( not a normal daily driving condition) On straight driving brake and still for all around computer braking control bias is still back in the braking system.

Old 10-25-2022, 08:39 AM

But see that is just it. The article posted says exactly what I posited. If you drive aggressively you will wear the pads quicker(front or rear) as the torque vectoring will use any brake it needs to do the job. One can't assume everyone drives the same. I see a lot of crazy drivers everyday when I am on the freeway. Those cars are certainly using torque vectoring constantly. The OP may be one of those drivers....

I never said anything about brake bias. Of course there will always be biasing as front brakes always do the lions share of the stopping, but torque vectoring changes the game on pad wear if you drive the car aggressively.

Old 10-25-2022, 09:27 AM
BWJ

Totally agree

Old 10-25-2022, 09:36 AM

I have to disagree with the chickdr up there. The OP had the rear pads replaced by the dealer free of charge. If this was considered normal operation / wear and tear the warranty wouldn't have covered it. Plus I searched this and only see a few posts over the last few years of really early pad wear.

Old 10-25-2022, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by ondersma80
I have to disagree with the chickdr up there. The OP had the rear pads replaced by the dealer free of charge. If this was considered normal operation / wear and tear the warranty wouldn't have covered it. Plus I searched this and only see a few posts over the last few years of really early pad wear.
Who knows the situation with the dealer/owner. They do goodwill repairs all the time. That doesn't prove, or disprove my theory.

Old 10-26-2022, 09:44 AM

What is your suspicion as to the cause of the early wear? Defective caliper? If both sides (we don't have this information) were worn bad enough to need replacement at 13k something caused it.

Old 10-28-2022, 12:20 PM

chickdr did you not notice several member responses deleted? No your not a troll and a disturbance to some thread, not at all. LOL Use your head the Moderator has determined a "disturbance in the force" LOL
Not you right back starting the same information and questions all over again just worded differently. LOL

Old 10-28-2022, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Callisto
chickdr did you not notice several member responses deleted? No your not a troll and a disturbance to some thread, not at all. LOL Use your head the Moderator has determined a "disturbance in the force" LOL
Not you right back starting the same information and questions all over again just worded differently. LOL
My post above was there BEFORE you posted the crap about disrupting the thread. That is what disrupted it. Not my posts....

Quick Reply: Rear Brakes worn with under 13,000 miles....