Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Radar Detection

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2020, 10:37 AM
Default Radar Detection

My new cx5 Signature, BSM does not play nice with my V1 radar detector rear K band. I can turn the band off (not a great idea where I live), but cannot just mute rear detection because the signal strength is too strong. Anyone have another detector they are using successfully?

Old 03-04-2020, 04:12 PM

Waze.

Old 03-06-2020, 02:24 AM
Super Moderator

Can't help you, radar detectors are banned where I live.

Old 03-07-2020, 05:39 PM

Recommendation on a radar detector the first thought would be if in the US which state?

A bit confused because I Valentine Technical service e is one of the best and why they don't know how to resolve your issue?
I own a V1 but I use it without any problems for a couple years in my 2009 MCS so I can't help with the issue you are having?
Personally been waiting to pull the trigger on a Jammar myself. It seems like a better investment if they will include updates for at least a few years?
Strongly considering AntiLaser Priority

But as for the V1 I would talk to the techie's and get your issues worked out and Keep the V1! Just my thoughts and opinion.

Last edited by Callisto; 03-07-2020 at 05:44 PM.
Old 03-10-2020, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Callisto
Recommendation on a radar detector the first thought would be if in the US which state?

A bit confused because I Valentine Technical service e is one of the best and why they don't know how to resolve your issue?
I own a V1 but I use it without any problems for a couple years in my 2009 MCS so I can't help with the issue you are having?
Personally been waiting to pull the trigger on a Jammar myself. It seems like a better investment if they will include updates for at least a few years?
Strongly considering AntiLaser Priority

But as for the V1 I would talk to the techie's and get your issues worked out and Keep the V1! Just my thoughts and opinion.

Hi, yes we did call Valentine support and they said they are aware of the issue, but at this time they do not have a solution. I found a resource that showed me how to mute the rear K-band, but will not work because the signal strength is too strong. For now I just have K band off and I am still seeing the constables and they are setting off the Ka band. Been also just being more careful about my speed.