Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question on power problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2023, 09:42 AM
Default Question on power problem

Hi all i'm new on here and new to the CX5 2.2 sky active. my daughter recently bought this used model for which iam the designated first call for problem solving LOL
After 2 months it developed a problem where at about 70 mph it loses power to accelerate . No warning lights on dash limiter off , I'm thinking a MAF sensor or something . any help or ideas would very helpful . Thanks in advance

Old 09-11-2023, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by tony m
Hi all i'm new on here and new to the CX5 2.2 sky active. my daughter recently bought this used model for which iam the designated first call for problem solving LOL
After 2 months it developed a problem where at about 70 mph it loses power to accelerate. No warning lights on dash limiter off , I'm thinking a MAF sensor or something. any help or ideas would very helpful. Thanks in advance
Welcome to the forum.

Well needless to say without any ECU DTC's it is going to be a difficult to diagnosis limited information.

Basically, if you are experiencing any power drop off the ECU would have a DTC or at least a pending DTC and the monitors may also be in fault. So, you need to connect to the ODBII diagnostic connector with a scan tool (NO BLUE TOOTH DEVICE) and retrieve the information.
All guess or suggestion on a single or multiple part that support the engines operation and especially as described by you would be confirmed with the proper ECU scanning and should be done before changing any part.

Old 09-11-2023, 10:39 AM

Thanks for your quick reply Callisto ....Scanning sounds like the next step

Old 09-11-2023, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by tony m
Thanks for your quick reply Callisto ....Scanning sounds like the next step
When you acuate more throttle % the ECU compensates and adjust the other components, if the % does not match the ECU for changing values you will get a DTC!