Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Playing Spotify on Mazda Connect ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2017, 08:50 AM
Default Playing Spotify on Mazda Connect ?

Hi all! I just got my new CX-5 GS with the Activsense package and I'm trying to play Spotify through Bluetooth. It plays but the screen won't display anything other than the track name. Shouldn't it show the album cover or menus?

I'd also like to know if Sirius can be installed on the GS. I know it comes with the GT (I think it's kind of cheap that it doesn't come with all trim levels).

Old 08-19-2017, 04:00 PM
Smile Spotify over Bluetooth

Hello-

I have a Mazda6. My infotainment system should be similar to your CX5. Over bluetooth, the album art is not going to display because it can only supports streaming the audio/track name.

However, the album art will display if you connect via USB. I use an iPhone with Spotify and I realized in order to use the USB audio, you need to have at least one track downloaded in your native apple music app. Everytime you select USB, it will play your first track (or where you left off). From there, you can navigate to spotify and the track with the album art will play.

Cheers