Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0882 code on 2016 CX5

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2021, 06:46 PM
Default P0882 code on 2016 CX5

I just got back to the USA this morning from a 6 weeks trip overseas. Left my car at an airport parking service where the car was just sitting in an open lot the entire time. The valet person was not able to start the car because the battery was dead. He jumped the car and while he was driving to drop it off in from me, the car shut off again. We had to jump the car 3 times and the 3rd time I had to sit in it pressing the gas pedal for at least 15 minutes to make sure the battery had some charge before I drove off for my 2-hour drive home. During the process of starting the car, the check engine light, tire pressure light and the traction control light got activated at the same time. The steering wheel was acting really weird as well. I was really nervous and thought I was not going to be able to drive the car. I have a ZUS smart vehicle health device attached to my car so I opened the app and ran the diagnostics to see if there was an error code and I got P0882 and is said I shouldn’t drive the car. Because I was 2 hours from home, I took the risk, I warmed the car up really well and drove home hoping it would not breakdown on the road in this cold weather. I made it home. I got some sleep as I was very tired but after I woke up I tried starting the car and was not able to. Wat ever little charge was there in the battery is completely gone. My question is, should I just buy a new battery or am I looking at a more serious or extended repair? Prior to this trip overseas my car was running great with no issues whatsoever so I want to believe that I just need a new battery but I am not 100 percent sure.

Old 12-26-2021, 06:21 AM
Super Moderator

Get the battery recharged & professionally tested.

Old 12-26-2021, 09:25 PM

A completely dead battery even though the alternator is providing charge, it may not hold it, therefore it can't start the car. Weird is that the car went off while at the valet, as stated above have ur battery tested (load test) at AutoZone/advance auto parts, or Walmart...if battery is bad, then replace it. If battery is good, then I'll have the alternator tested. How many miles on the battery?...and how many miles on the car?. These new cars everything is electric including the power steering....if alternator is starting to fail it couldn't be providing the power needed. Keep an eye on the battery icon. Battery icon = alternator no providing power.

Old 12-27-2021, 03:56 AM
Super Moderator

P0882 code is just the TCM ( transmission control Module/computer ) throwing a wobbly & complaining the battery is flat. Nothing serious, nothing to worry about. Get the battery taken care of.

================================================== ========

Google translation : What does throw a wobbly mean in Australia?

Throw-a-wobbly meaning
(slang, UK, Australia) To have a sudden fit of anger, to have a tantrum.