Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

New CX-5 Carbon

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2022, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by JPMAZDA
Congrats on your new CX-5! My favorite part about the Carbon Edition is the black chrome front grille.

Sadly the NAV card won't work on your new CX-5 as they get locked with the vehicle Vin when activated. Car play/ android auto do the same, if not better.

The new infotainment is very different than the old one for sure. But I think it's a cleaner looking system. Lots of features.

Also sadly the Bose is only in certain packages. Kind of disappointing that they don't have it with the higher packages as we all want the best things all in one.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your new Carbon CX-5!
I do love it, the Carbon Edition blacked out trim was the reason I got it. That and the red interior is really funky but cool. I have been a VW addict for the last 20 plus years and leaned REALLY hard towards their new Taos but the standard AWD and features for the price in the CX5 won me over. Plus the handling dynamics and road manners have a very German feel to it. I haven't had a Mazda since the early 2000's so it is good to be back. I agree about AA and Carplay. I have factory Nav in my F150 and the map updates are ridiculous and out of date maps are not a good thing. If I'm going into an area with bad cell coverage I can download the route to use offline. I do agree about the lack of Bose system, I will probably update the speakers sometime down the road to add a little better sound, it doesn't sound too bad though, I'm pretty happy with it.

Old 02-26-2022, 08:39 PM
Pep

Originally Posted by skinnyb
yes I love it so far. I put a deposit down last week and was supirised they called me so quick saying one came in unaccounted for and asked if I wanted it. Got it with 1 mile on it. Still smells funny burning off the transport and assembly stuff. Definitely need the nav SD card but I use car play so not a big deal.
here’s mine.

Old 02-26-2022, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Pep
What an adventure the last 3 weeks have been. On Feb 4th I hit some black ice in my 2017 CX-5 and went head-on into a utility pole. I walked away with a sprained wrist and a few minor cuts on the back of my right hand from the airbag. The car was totaled.
I spent the next week looking for a good used CX-5 and couldn't believe the prices. The dealer had a 2020 with 9000 miles (nearly new) and I thought that would work until I found out that the price was $30,500. New ones were running like mine were running about $1200 more so it made no sense to purchase used.
After talking with my dealer I found they were selling everything they had on order by the time they were loaded off the boat on the West Coast. He checked what he had coming in and the only thing available in February was a CX-5 Carbon Edition. I bought it for $31730 and took delivery yesterday. I absolutely love it but have quite a bit of learning to do in regards to all the electronics. It came with a few extras I didn't have before like leather seats, remote start and 19" wheels. The one thing I noticed different is the Infortainment System. My 2017 had a Bose Sound System but I don't see the Bose name anywhere so I'm obviously wondering how good actually will be.

Yikes ! Crash test -5 stars !
I picked up my CE on Feb -6 purely ....by accident - My 2010 Mazda 3Gt 2.5 is running great with 150k miles and my wife and I share it - This car shortage has me a bit nervous no matter who takes it , knowing that any situation like yours..a total ...leaves us without a guarantee of replacing it with a new vehicle we want , or just whatever is avaliable - So I am happy to hear you got a new Mazda CX -5 / trim level-color you like -and are well ---So im driving by my local dealer and see a CE sitting on the lot - PDI,d but dirty , signaling its absolute newness and the 02 miles on the odo sealed the deal - picked up my wife , drove back and drove it home - No regrets - I wish mine had 01 mile on it - thats a spectacular feat - I just logged 2000 miles in 20 days , and there is a huge diffrence in the way it drives now / opposed to new - The thing was so tight when new , it bucked when i let off the gas . like it had a stretched timing chain ! - Its significantly smoother now and is a precision vehicle which continues to impress - Enjoy !

Sunset day 1

Last edited by diehard080; 02-26-2022 at 10:28 PM.
Old 02-27-2022, 10:44 AM
Pep

That’s beautiful. I have suggestion if you have the $$$. I had clear protection film done on my 2017.
The front end, headlights, hood, front fenders, the A-pillars, mirrors, door handle cups, door edges, and a strip across the back bumper to protect it when I’m loading and unloading stuff. The car was protected so it still looked brand new after 115,000 miles (before I totaled it). Obviously larger rocks are going to do damage but I did have a couple bounce off my hood and even though it penetrated the clear, the paint was undamaged.
I’m doing the Carbon as well. It’ll cost about $2000 but well worth it in my opinion.
I’m also tinting the windows and having a dark strip placed across the top of the windshield.
I asked the dealer to put factory mudguards on it but they’re not available yet. That’s great protection as well and the factory ones are hardly noticeable.

Last edited by Pep; 02-27-2022 at 10:47 AM.
Old 02-27-2022, 10:52 AM
Pep

Originally Posted by Pep
Thanks for the reply. I agree about the stock tires and am looking into replacing them as long as the tire dealer doesn’t gouge me on the exchange price.
I love the car but it’s taking a bit of time learning how to adjust everything in the Infotainment system.
it’s quite a bit different from my 2017.
UPDATE ON TIRES: the tire dealer would only give me $200 for the stock tires so I’m keeping them. They only had about 50 miles on them

Old 02-27-2022, 10:57 AM
Pep

yes I love it so far. I put a deposit down last week and was supirised they called me so quick saying one came in unaccounted for and asked if I wanted it. Got it with 1 mile on it. Still smells funny burning off the transport and assembly stuff. Definitely need the nav SD card but I use car play so not a big deal.
I smelled that as well. I wish I’d thought about removing the SD card from my 2017. If I had I could have used it in the Carbon.
The insurance company said they were going to sell it as salvage. I’m imagine it’s gone by now but I’m going to check tomorrow. If it is maybe the salvage yard is local. 🤞

Old 02-27-2022, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Pep
UPDATE ON TIRES: the tire dealer would only give me $200 for the stock tires so I’m keeping them. They only had about 50 miles on them
Why not sell them privately? I did and got more than $200.00 for them.

Old 02-27-2022, 11:44 AM
Pep

I found a navigation card online. Should have it in a week and will update as soon as received and installed.

Old 02-27-2022, 11:47 AM
Pep

Originally Posted by bobm
Why not sell them privately? I did and got more than $200.00 for them.
It’s a lot of trouble. I’ll just buy new tires this time next year.

Old 02-27-2022, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Pep
It’s a lot of trouble. I’ll just buy new tires this time next year.
I agree. I have a set of tires in my garage from my last car that I can't give away. I hope these last a while, I will definitely see soon, I drive 25-30k a year.

Quick Reply: New CX-5 Carbon