Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New CX-5 Carbon

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2022, 03:05 PM
Pep
Default New CX-5 Carbon

What an adventure the last 3 weeks have been. On Feb 4th I hit some black ice in my 2017 CX-5 and went head-on into a utility pole. I walked away with a sprained wrist and a few minor cuts on the back of my right hand from the airbag. The car was totaled.
I spent the next week looking for a good used CX-5 and couldn't believe the prices. The dealer had a 2020 with 9000 miles (nearly new) and I thought that would work until I found out that the price was $30,500. New ones were running like mine were running about $1200 more so it made no sense to purchase used.
After talking with my dealer I found they were selling everything they had on order by the time they were loaded off the boat on the West Coast. He checked what he had coming in and the only thing available in February was a CX-5 Carbon Edition. I bought it for $31730 and took delivery yesterday. I absolutely love it but have quite a bit of learning to do in regards to all the electronics. It came with a few extras I didn't have before like leather seats, remote start and 19" wheels. The one thing I noticed different is the Infortainment System. My 2017 had a Bose Sound System but I don't see the Bose name anywhere so I'm obviously wondering how good actually will be.

Old 02-22-2022, 07:24 PM

Sorry for your accident and glad you are OK.

Your new CX-5 looks great! How do you like the front seats in the 2022 compared to the 2017?

Old 02-22-2022, 08:39 PM
Pep

Originally Posted by M4C3
Sorry for your accident and glad you are OK.

Your new CX-5 looks great! How do you like the front seats in the 2022 compared to the 2017?
I think I like them a bit better than the 2017. They seem to have better shape and support, but they are part leather.

Old 02-23-2022, 11:58 AM

Glad you are ok and I'm sure you will enjoy and appreciate your new Carbon Edition. Underrated elegance in a car at this price point. Just my 2 cents - I sold my OEM tires about 2 weeks after I bought the car last December. The OEM's are poorly rated and I opted for Winter rated tires (Vredesteins) and they simply perform better in all types of weather than OEM's. Of course, nothing beats a dedicated set of snow tires, but this time around, I wanted tires that would be good in all weather, w/o getting a set of snows. Did something similar on my wife's Crosstrek.

Old 02-23-2022, 09:00 PM
Pep

Originally Posted by bobm
Glad you are ok and I'm sure you will enjoy and appreciate your new Carbon Edition. Underrated elegance in a car at this price point. Just my 2 cents - I sold my OEM tires about 2 weeks after I bought the car last December. The OEM's are poorly rated and I opted for Winter rated tires (Vredesteins) and they simply perform better in all types of weather than OEM's. Of course, nothing beats a dedicated set of snow tires, but this time around, I wanted tires that would be good in all weather, w/o getting a set of snows. Did something similar on my wife's Crosstrek.
Thanks for the reply. I agree about the stock tires and am looking into replacing them as long as the tire dealer doesn’t gouge me on the exchange price.
I love the car but it’s taking a bit of time learning how to adjust everything in the Infotainment system.
it’s quite a bit different from my 2017.

Old 02-24-2022, 09:28 AM

You don't have the Bose system in the Carbon. To me, a big oversight in an otherwise great car. You have the 6 speaker system vs the 10 speaker Bose you had in your 2017.

Old 02-25-2022, 06:33 PM

Congrats on the Carbon. I picked mine up today, I love it so far. I haven't been in a Mazda in many years so this is quite an experience for me. I did get a new 2021 Mazda 3 as a rental back in the summer and that planted the seed fo rme to get this one..

Old 02-25-2022, 07:24 PM
Pep

Originally Posted by skinnyb
Congrats on the Carbon. I picked mine up today, I love it so far. I haven't been in a Mazda in many years so this is quite an experience for me. I did get a new 2021 Mazda 3 as a rental back in the summer and that planted the seed fo rme to get this one..
Congrats to you too. Is yours a Carbon? I love mine. I’m going to see if my insurance company still has the 2017. It still has the navigation SD card in it and that would save me about $450.

Old 02-26-2022, 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by Pep
Congrats to you too. Is yours a Carbon? I love mine. I’m going to see if my insurance company still has the 2017. It still has the navigation SD card in it and that would save me about $450.
yes I love it so far. I put a deposit down last week and was supirised they called me so quick saying one came in unaccounted for and asked if I wanted it. Got it with 1 mile on it. Still smells funny burning off the transport and assembly stuff. Definitely need the nav SD card but I use car play so not a big deal.

Old 02-26-2022, 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by Pep
Congrats on your new CX-5! My favorite part about the Carbon Edition is the black chrome front grille.

Sadly the NAV card won't work on your new CX-5 as they get locked with the vehicle Vin when activated. Car play/ android auto do the same, if not better.

The new infotainment is very different than the old one for sure. But I think it's a cleaner looking system. Lots of features.

Also sadly the Bose is only in certain packages. Kind of disappointing that they don't have it with the higher packages as we all want the best things all in one.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your new Carbon CX-5!

Quick Reply: New CX-5 Carbon